Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

eibachs fitted

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
macsbm

eibachs fitted

Post by macsbm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi chaps springs fitted on oem shocks looking good in need of 4 wheel alignment do I do alignment before I either put on spacers or maybe 18 inch wheels. is it ok to drive around before alignment thanks in advance

Silverzedtom

eibachs fitted

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Definatley do alignment after spacers go on or the new wheels on.

Funnily enough I got the eibach springs put on today. Talking to the mechanic and he said the alignment is definatley worth doing to avoid premature tyre wear but won't harm anything (other than tyres) if not done asap.

Probably best to give the springs a couple of weeks to settle anyway.

Only done ten miles but I'm very pleased with mine :driving:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Silverzedtom

eibachs fitted

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:16 pm

You may also want to add a front strut brace to help reinforce the top mounts as they aren't all that on the z4 and may mushroom or crack. It will also stiffen the front end up a bit. You can get reinforcement plates that sit under the shock tower but they are like gold dust and will raise the car up a bit at the front.

They aren't crucial as the eibach aren't meant to be much stiffer than the standard springs but I'm looking to invest as a precaution.

If you do go for a strut brace get the wheel alignment done after this goes on.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

macsbm

eibachs fitted

Post by macsbm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Me to wicked mod what wheels and tyers r u running

Silverzedtom

eibachs fitted

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm

At the moment the oem continental potenza runflats. Unfortunately the car had a brand new pair on the rears and a nearly new pair on the front when I got it back in September.

Can't justify letting them go for peanuts and splashing out on a better set at the moment but can't wait to wear them down :( . I'll be looking at the latest offerings from Pirelli and Michelin in non runflat when the time comes.

Are you still on the bridgestones?
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

macsbm

eibachs fitted

Post by macsbm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Don't know what's on to be fair never been interested in these matters but after reading some of the post on here realise how it can matter hence the start of changing things on my car oem is good but mod is exciting small steps

synthedup

eibachs fitted

Post by synthedup » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Get the alignment done, i don't believe wheel spacers or wheel size will change ye set up?

Silverzedtom

eibachs fitted

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:50 pm

synthedup wrote:Get the alignment done, i don't believe wheel spacers or wheel size will change ye set up?
I think alignment should be done after spacers as the spacers are changing the values.

If you imagine the spacers were a meter long on both sides the wheels would be touching the ground on the inside edges as if more negative camber was added.

Maybe it isn't a must but if I was going to add spacers I'd definatley get the alignment done for peace of mind.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

macsbm

eibachs fitted

Post by macsbm » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:08 am

What size spacers would be the best I assume my wheels are 17 inch will check