Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Sad to see Bill go, I can't believe it's been over ten years since this place started. One of few North American members still left here, so many have departed over the years.

I said when he showed us a few weeks ago, but the Jeep looks awesome. Enjoy it and the retirement from the forum :driving:

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 pm

It doesn’t seem that long ago we met at Homecoming 08 8) Sorry to see you go,
All the best in the future :thumbsup:
Blue Z4MC - now gone

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm

yep, ashame it is an end of an era. Good luck, but don't stop dropping in. I occasionally drop in as well :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Part of the reason this forum is one of the best is because of the way its moderated, and you set the standard Bill - I'm sure your legacy will be carried forward for another decade. All the best :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Sad news indeed Bill , guess the same will come to all of us at some point :roll: :D Jeep looks ace & the mountain hideaway sounds perfect . Best wishes :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Golden Retrievers and "Z"cars, I always loved your avatar, reminded me of my first Goldie. I'm glad you will be hiding in the background on the forum, your advice will always be welcome. I was always a Landcruiser guy, had an FJ45 for 14 years and know all about snowy roads.... enjoy the Jeep and the new direction.
Cheers,
Mike
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments:
Ducklakeview wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 pm Sorry to see you go m8..
Quite like that jeep, and loving the plate!
Thanks as I was allowed to move it from my M Roadster to my new Jeep.
firebobby wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:30 pm Sad that you are leaving and standing down as a mod, you are a calming factor on here, you don't have to own a Zed to be a mod you know :) .
I hope you don't regret selling your Zee, that was a long term friend I suspect.
That is a stunning Jeep, we have a Nissan 4x4 which is great in the snow and for towing duties.
Thanks you but change is good and a new mod every now and then I believe is a good thing. Anyway and after 10 years I was qualified for retirement and my mod pension does will not increase with additional years of service.
Grumpyowl wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 pm Times move on, but Very sad news for you and the forum . Your wrangler looks great fun enjoy :driving:
I knew exactly what options I wanted on the Jeep with the exception of the color. I had a lot of difficulty making that decision but I am liking the color (Rhino Clearcoat Gray) more every day.
idej_jedi wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm Sorry to hear you’re leaving. I didn’t think you had to own a Z to be on here, even as a moderator?
Jeep looks kick-ass! :thumbsup:
Does this mean the end of the photo competition and calendar???

Your correct you don't need to have a Z4 to be a member or to be a mod.
I am sure the photo contest will continue and I suspect one or more of the other mods will take on that task.
Smartbear wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm Must have been sad selling up after all that time, thanks for helping to run the forum for so long :thumbsup:
Ps, post some pics of your new jeep in the snow when the winter hits!
It was a hard decision to sell my Zed as they have been a part of my life since March of 2003. I knew that would be closing a chapter of my life so to speak. Yes, I will post up a few pictures and maybe even a video sometime this winter once I dedide on a new drive cam.
Bing wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 pm It’s been a pleasure being moderated by you over the last 6 years WLH - thank you for all of your patience and wise words :thumbsup:

srhutch has big boots to fill :D

Happy jeeping - hopefully no “help I’m stuck in a snowdrift” posts to come :lol:
Getting stuck is really easy. Getting unstuck not so much and really hard work!
I'm really careful as I am at an age where the work of getting unstuck is not for me.
Darren Slone wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm Sorry to hear that you’re stepping down as a mod but happy that you’ll still be popping in now and again, best of luck :thumbsup:
It will be a hard habit to stop checking in here every now and then and since it will be very hard I will not even try to stop.
metal licker wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm Many thanks and good luck :thumbsup:
Thank you...
maxman wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm Thank you and good luck for the future :thumbsup:
Thank you...
firebobby wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:15 pm When you look at that Jeep, you can still see a strong reference to the original Jeep. Pity Land Rover killed off the Defender and didn't just make it wider like a lot of modern vehicles are now. They had a well loved and recognized vehicle the world over.
I agree the Defender is one of the best off-road vehicles ever. It has a larger gasoline tank for better range, much more cargo space for extended trips into wilderness areas and the load capacity to carry that cargo. These are 3 of the noticable weekness of the Jeep brand. However I don't think there is any vehicle that has more aftermarket solution for making a Jeep more useful.
Lynchy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm Thanks for all your hard work Bill and the very best of luck in the future :thumbsup:
Thank you...
RickRob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:21 pm Sorry to see you go and thanks for keeping us in order and for running the photo competition.

Enjoy your retirement and the jeep. :)
Thank you...
Zoomer wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm Thanks for all the time that you have given to the forum and all the best for the future
Thank you and for recognizing that a lot of time is involved. I know I did not realize that until I became a mod.
Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 pm I hope you can survive retirement without a Z4!
Mind you your Jeep looks pretty purposeful. :)
I'm a relative newbie, but thanks for all the time and effort you have put into what seems to be one of the best forums around. :thumbsup:
Thank you... I miss my Z4 already and next spring I know it will be difficult as I see all the events being planned and knowing that I will not be involved in them in many cases.
Wondermike wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:46 pm Sad to see Bill go, I can't believe it's been over ten years since this place started. One of few North American members still left here, so many have departed over the years.
I said when he showed us a few weeks ago, but the Jeep looks awesome. Enjoy it and the retirement from the forum :driving:
Thanks and most of the US members have moved to FaceBook which has it advantages but the big weakness is a “how to do it” post for example will get lost and after a short time and will be very difficult to find. Anything posted here can be found quickly using the search function.
2dogs wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 pm It doesn’t seem that long ago we met at Homecoming 08 8) Sorry to see you go,
All the best in the future :thumbsup:
Home coming 2008 was one of those event that I will never forget.
pvr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm yep, ashame it is an end of an era. Good luck, but don't stop dropping in. I occasionally drop in as well :D
Thanks and I will be dropping in frequently.
Marlon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm Part of the reason this forum is one of the best is because of the way its moderated, and you set the standard Bill - I'm sure your legacy will be carried forward for another decade. All the best :thumbsup:
Thanks and I believe the forum will continue to be very successful.
mr wilks wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm Sad news indeed Bill , guess the same will come to all of us at some point :roll: :D Jeep looks ace & the mountain hideaway sounds perfect . Best wishes :thumbsup:
I like getting away from the traffic, noise and especially the city lights. Without the city lights in the mountain I can actually see the stars in a dark sky at night.
mcbeee wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm Golden Retrievers and "Z"cars, I always loved your avatar, reminded me of my first Goldie. I'm glad you will be hiding in the background on the forum, your advice will always be welcome. I was always a Landcruiser guy, had an FJ45 for 14 years and know all about snowy roads.... enjoy the Jeep and the new direction.
Cheers,
Thanks and it is a shame that the FJ45 was discontinued as I really liked them as well.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for all your contributions Bill. You will be greatlymissed.

Thank goodness SiRHutch will take on the Photo Comp though :wink:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Number5 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm

He will start it, but never finish it ... :evil:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 am

Echoing the sentiments of others - thank you VERY much for your work on this forum. As a forum administrator myself for several years, I know the hard work that goes on 'behind the scenes' to keep the site looking and running great. Best of luck with the new Jeep - should be a hoot come winter and that 50mi trip :D
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 am

pvr wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 pm

This is your first warning :ycard:

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 am
pvr wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 pm

This is your first warning :ycard:
Power mad already :evil: Kim Jong hutch.
Blue Z4MC - now gone

BSVA

Post by BSVA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Wow, sorry to hear this. We, on this side of the water, are really a minority in this forum. Anyway, best of luck with your new ventures and keep us in mind from time to time.
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i, Titanium Silver, Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Xenons, Ellipsoids,
Continental ProContact RX SSR's.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 pm

I also moderated a forum for a few years. It's not easy and the success/atmosphere of this place is very much a credit to yourself and the team.

Good luck for the future and make sure you drop back in the moment you decide that selling was a big mistake. :D
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Enough already...just GTFO :fuelfire:

Alll the best BTW :thumbsup:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options