Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Well all good things must come to an end and I am sorry to say that I have sold my M roadster which of all the cars I have had is/was my favorite. My M was almost 11 years old with just over 90,000 miles. For a really large number of reasons I recently decided it was time to let her go. It was not an easy decision as much of my social life is centered around the many friends I have made in the Z community.

However, our local club created a “social” class of membership 2 years ago as so many of our long time members dating back to 1997 were moving on so I will remain a social member and can still participate in most local events. Social members are welcome on most cruiZes but must follow the Zed convoy at a respectable distance behind. So that's not so bad but the worse is because I no longer own a Z I can't participate in national ZSCCA events. I will miss that and the many friend that I have made across the US especially up and down the East coast.

I sent Jim a PM a few weeks ago and told him of my plans to resign as a moderator on the forum effective November 1 this year. This will allow me to finish the October photo contest which will close out this year's competition for the 2018 calendar.

It has been my privilege to have served as a member of the moderation team for just over 10 year. I want to say that this is one of if not the very best forums on the web and I credit Jim's leadership for this success. I will check in here every now and again and I wish all of you many happy miles and smiles in these amazing cars.

So what did I replace my much loved ///M with? In addition to sports cars I have always like Jeeps as well and have had 4 of them over the years. Before I retired I usually had a Jeep which I used just for going to and from work. I'm going back to a Jeep for a number of reason including I have a place in the Pocono Mountains which is about 50 miles North of where I live. Getting in there in the winter is a problem without 4 wheel drive and even then you're often looking at 2 feet or even more of snow on the ground for most or the winter.

Here is a link to a few pictures of my new 2017 Jeep JK Sport. https://tinyurl.com/ybq3wvgo It is well optioned with heated seats, power windows, alarm system, touch screen radio that you can even watch a DVR on while parked. It's also a proper manual 6 speed transmission which are hard to find. Won't mean must unless your into Jeep but I specified BFG 265/70-17 All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires. These are tires you can run year around and are really good on snow and even ice.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Sorry to see you go m8..

Quite like that jeep, and loving the plate!

Mike

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Sad that you are leaving and standing down as a mod, you are a calming factor on here, you don't have to own a Zed to be a mod you know :) .
I hope you don't regret selling your Zee, that was a long term friend I suspect.
That is a stunning Jeep, we have a Nissan 4x4 which is great in the snow and for towing duties.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Times move on, but Very sad news for you and the forum . Your wrangler looks great fun enjoy :driving:

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear you’re leaving. I didn’t think you had to own a Z to be on here, even as a moderator?

Jeep looks kick-ass! :thumbsup:

Does this mean the end of the photo competition and calendar???

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Must have been sad selling up after all that time, thanks for helping to run the forum for so long :thumbsup:
Ps, post some pics of your new jeep in the snow when the winter hits!
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 pm

It’s been a pleasure being moderated by you over the last 6 years WLH - thank you for all of your patience and wise words :thumbsup:

srhutch has big boots to fill :D

Happy jeeping - hopefully no “help I’m stuck in a snowdrift” posts to come :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Sorry to hear that you’re stepping down as a mod but happy that you’ll still be popping in now and again, best of luck :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Many thanks and good luck :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

maxman

Post by maxman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Thank you and good luck for the future :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:15 pm

When you look at that Jeep, you can still see a strong reference to the original Jeep. Pity Land Rover killed off the Defender and didn't just make it wider like a lot of modern vehicles are now. They had a well loved and recognized vehicle the world over.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks for all your hard work Bill and the very best of luck in the future :thumbsup:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Sorry to see you go and thanks for keeping us in order and for running the photo competition.

Enjoy your retirement and the jeep. :)
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks for all the time that you have given to the forum and all the best for the future
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 pm

I hope you can survive retirement without a Z4!

Mind you your Jeep looks pretty purposeful. :)

I'm a relative newbie, but thanks for all the time and effort you have put into what seems to be one of the best forums around. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black