Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Free stuff

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Free stuff

Post by Nictrix » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:23 pm

I know there is a for sale section but if you were wanting to give things away is this the best place to put it?
Theres probably a ton of stuff that members have lying around in their garages or sheds that they wont use anymore, wont throw out because its too good, dont want to sell it as it might not be worth selling, etc.
A lot of this stuff could be of use to other members and could help people with a shortage of cash.
The reason I am asking this really is that after changing the discs and pads for new ones I really dont want to just throw the old ones out.
The car has done 50,000 miles and was still on the original pads and discs front and back the pads still have probably at least half the material left.
The discs dont look massively worn either with not much of a lip on the outsides of the discs.
They were really only changed as I felt like spending some money on the car seeing as it had cost me nothing in 4 years.
If someone wanted to collect these they can have them for free. They have the usual rust on the insides of the discs and the outside edges but the hub parts that you can see when they are on the car were painted and still look pretty good.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Free stuff

Post by Marlon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Yeah - put it in the 'Buy and Sell - Zed related', Topic heading Free . . .
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Free stuff

Post by Nictrix » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm

I was thinking that it might have been a good idea for a section in the marketplace for free stuff so that things like this dont get swallowed up with the other adverts.
I would imagine that with things being free and for collection only that they could be there for some time until somebody needed them.
After they were gone it could just be marked as such.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)