Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vanos thread has been locked, why?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:46 am

A few members have pm'd me to point out that the recent Vanos thread, where i questioned the conduct of a particular member has been locked and did I know why. I wasn't aware it had been, why has this happened? I honestly can't see anything that's been written that should have led to this and normally a brief explanation is provided by the Mods when this occurs, but strangely not in this case.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 am

I read that thread and wondered the same thing.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 am

Not sure what the rules on locking threads are? It was getting a bit heated! But it wasn’t insulting. I am sure we will find out still early the mods are probably still asleep.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

Same here. I didn’t see this thread until last night but after reading it all I don’t see why it’s locked. Mack made his point very well, there was nothing malicious in what he said and it’s a public forum?! :?
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am

I pmed Marlon and he locked it.

The fact it was getting quite a personal attack on Mike, being slanderous in the respect of tax evasion etc, it just wasn't very nice was it. Personal Attacks on this forum are not welcomed and obviously Colin felt the same.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Post by sticky » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:06 am

Tax evasion ???? now I know where to get help for that as well, :thumbsup:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 am

I have unlocked the thread.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am I pmed Marlon and he locked it.

The fact it was getting quite a personal attack on Mike, being slanderous in the respect of tax evasion etc, it just wasn't very nice was it. Personal Attacks on this forum are not welcomed and obviously Colin felt the same.
Slanderous? :roll: ... it’s a good job Mike has got you looking out for him Jamie...
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am

Pastry wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am

Slanderous? :roll: ... it’s a good job Mike has got you looking out for him Jamie...
Yeah in particular this
You run a shop, of course your Vat registered and your registration will be coded/specific by HMRC to that type of business, your now claiming they know about your other activities. 
I know you'll probably disagree as for some reason you don't like Mike but feel like that's cut and dried slander?
18 Z4s owned to date.

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah in particular this
You run a shop, of course your Vat registered and your registration will be coded/specific by HMRC to that type of business, your now claiming they know about your other activities. 
I know you'll probably disagree as for some reason you don't like Mike but feel like that's cut and dried slander?
I honestly don’t see that as slanderous but if Mike does then I’m sure he’s capable of dealing with it.
Just because I dont like how this forum has turned into a sales brochure for the DLV show doesn’t mean I don’t like him, I don’t know the fella and I run my own business so I’m all for enterprise, before someone jumps in to say I’m jealous or it’s sour grapes.
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am

Pastry wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

Yeah in particular this
I honestly don’t see that as slanderous but if Mike does then I’m sure he’s capable of dealing with it.
Just because I dont like how this forum has turned into a sales brochure for the DLV show doesn’t mean I don’t like him, I don’t know the fella and I run my own business so I’m all for enterprise, before someone jumps in to say I’m jealous or it’s sour grapes.
Fair enough like I say it's how I seen it so I asked Marlon to lock it, not one for falling out with people I've never met before so just happy to leave it at that
18 Z4s owned to date.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am

Just to clarify; after a complaint, I felt I should lock the thread and ask the team to review it and the wider issues it raises. Following discussions, it was decided the thread should be unlocked.
In my new role as moderator, I am happy to learn from the more experienced guys.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am
Pastry wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

Yeah in particular this

Fair enough like I say it's how I seen it so I asked Marlon to lock it, not one for falling out with people I've never met before so just happy to leave it at that
Well seeing as this contains basically the same info as the pm you sent me Jaimie I will response the once here. For start we are talking about libel not slander and by inaccurately and falsely accusing me of slandering Mike with tax evasion you have commited libel against me. 🤣 all i ever said was that business have overheads etc inc vat and asked if they knew about his home based car businessBut lets not get bogged down in that. To clarify, Mike said he was vat registered and the implication was clearly singular not plural. Anyone who knows much about vat will be able to confirm that for each distinct business activity you need a different number coded to that type of business activity. So if he did have one and only one then it logically would be coded to his primary business of a retail shop. Mike then responded claiming he actually had four and one of these was associated with his car repair activities. In doing so he also effectively confirmed he is operating a profession car repair service from his home address. That makes him no different than any other car repair outfit in the country. That's the crux of the matter he is a trader, no two ways about it who does wait to be approached but actively hijacks threads to your for business.
You seem to have perspective on this jaime. If Marius for example was substituted for Mike I have little doubt you would be one of the first to complain.
I appreciate your loyal to your mate, but in this case it's misguided.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm

I have other vat numbers, as BECAUSE the shop is vat registered and I am therefore already over the threshold and have to account for any other income. That is the simple explanation. I "could" not do it, but having had vat investigations before, it's just not worth it. Plus it can sometimes work to my benefit.

However the fact remains, I have a shop that trades for 90 hours a week, and I am there until 2230 six nights a week. I work on zeds in my spare time.

Mike

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:28 pm

This is all quite interesting though as where is the line drawn between someone making a little bit of cash helping out a forum member if they are contacted by them and someone making a lot of cash by advertising what they do on every post.
However I see that DLV has removed the tag at the bottom of his posts advertising his services.
Last edited by Nictrix on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)