Do not comment on spam posts please!

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3603
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Angie4m » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am

Clearly some members don't bother to look at these topics. I've PM'd the two who have this morning.

Also linking this to the lounge!
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :)

RRS V8 Supercharged work horse :thumbsup:

User avatar
A1GSS
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:03 pm
Location: Saffron Walden
Contact:

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by A1GSS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:57 am

:thumbsup:
Graham.

2011 Z4 2.3i sDrive Space Grey / Coral Red

User avatar
coupedan
Member
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Surrey / West Sussex

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by coupedan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:50 am

Angie4m wrote:Clearly some members don't bother to look at these topics. I've PM'd the two who have this morning.

Also linking this to the lounge!

Sorry, it's not that I can't be bothered - it's that I have not seen this post.. I do not spend my life on here and only read hot topics.

Maybe you should reword your above statement and say something along the lines of "There were some unadvised members regarding this.. I have let them know the rules surrounding this"?
Image
224M | Black Grills | Maxton Splitter | Aux | Michelin PS4 | Polybushed | Bilstein B12 Pro | E46 M3CSL Geo | 100K Mile Club :thumbsup:

mattwaltersz4m
Member
Member
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by mattwaltersz4m » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:05 pm

coupedan wrote:
Angie4m wrote:Clearly some members don't bother to look at these topics. I've PM'd the two who have this morning.

Also linking this to the lounge!

Sorry, it's not that I can't be bothered - it's that I have not seen this post.. I do not spend my life on here and only read hot topics.

Maybe you should reword your above statement and say something along the lines of "There were some unadvised members regarding this.. I have let them know the rules surrounding this"?
She is a 'Senior Member' don't you know Dan :roll: Upgraded herself to Mod status rather than her spamming the forum about her and her fellas wealth. :lol:
Z4MR Carbon

User avatar
Bing
Legend
Legend
Posts: 25956
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Location: Exiled Scot in Maidstone

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Bing » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

Time to give this a wee bump - don't comment on spam, use the exclamation mark to report it. Commenting on it makes it harder for the mods to deal with. Don't ask me how, I'm not a mod :D :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

User avatar
Taz
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19373
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Saddleworth

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Taz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 am

Bing wrote:Time to give this a wee bump - don't comment on spam, use the exclamation mark to report it. Commenting on it makes it harder for the mods to deal with. Don't ask me how, I'm not a mod :D :thumbsup:
this is a spam post and you commented :wink:

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3933
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
X-Box live gamer tag: DPG 99
Location: West Yorks

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by DPG » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:35 am

Taz wrote:
Bing wrote:Time to give this a wee bump - don't comment on spam, use the exclamation mark to report it. Commenting on it makes it harder for the mods to deal with. Don't ask me how, I'm not a mod :D :thumbsup:
this is a spam post and you commented :wink:
:rofl:
Zed-less :(

User avatar
metal licker
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6095
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: in the mosh pit

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by metal licker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 am

Bump !
Now JCW :o
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

User avatar
thepits
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: The Centre for the Cotswolds

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by thepits » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Bing wrote: Time to give this a wee bump - don't comment on spam, use the exclamation mark to report it.
:thumbsup:

but
Bing wrote:Commenting on it makes it harder for the mods to deal with. Don't ask me how, I'm not a mod :D :thumbsup:
They've got nothing else to do :) I know, I'm a Mod ...........



........... elsewhere on t'interweb :wink:



:rofl:
.
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
.

User avatar
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3603
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Angie4m » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:39 pm

:(

Bump. Please note guys :thumbsup:
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :)

RRS V8 Supercharged work horse :thumbsup:

User avatar
thepits
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: The Centre for the Cotswolds

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by thepits » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Taz wrote: this is a spam post and you commented :wink:
No it's not,

It's a post about Spam posts - there is a world of difference.

If it was a real Spam post, it'll be locked - wouldn't it Mods?

:rofl:
.
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
.

User avatar
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3603
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Angie4m » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:12 pm

BUMP
BUMP
BUMP
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :)

RRS V8 Supercharged work horse :thumbsup:

Online
User avatar
WLH
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 12276
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:08 am
Location: Taxsylvania
Contact:

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by WLH » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:47 am

sp3ctre wrote:As the forum is getting busier and busier we are inevitably getting quite a lot of spam. The threads are being reported and me and the mods are doing a pretty good job at sniping the spam as quick as possible.

However, it makes our job a lot more difficult when people comment on the spam. Please just click the "report post" button and we will get to it as soon as possible.

I often find I am in a hurry when deleting spam, clcik on the user, ban them and delete the account. If someone has posted a comment or a funny picture in the thread there is a chance I may accidentally delete their account. So, please keep this in mind and simply report spam rather than commenting on it. :thumbsup:
Please just report SPAM as has been requested...
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos
Image

User avatar
thepits
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: The Centre for the Cotswolds

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by thepits » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:27 pm

WLH wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:As the forum is getting busier and busier we are inevitably getting quite a lot of spam. The threads are being reported and me and the mods are doing a pretty good job at sniping the spam as quick as possible.

However, it makes our job a lot more difficult when people comment on the spam. Please just click the "report post" button and we will get to it as soon as possible.

I often find I am in a hurry when deleting spam, clcik on the user, ban them and delete the account. If someone has posted a comment or a funny picture in the thread there is a chance I may accidentally delete their account. So, please keep this in mind and simply report spam rather than commenting on it. :thumbsup:
Please just report SPAM as has been requested...
Will do boss(es) :thumbsup:
.
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
.

User avatar
Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3178
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Do not comment on spam posts please!

Post by Grumpyowl » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:56 am

Bump :roll:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests