Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

unread posts..

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
paul_ozk

unread posts..

Post by paul_ozk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

When i visit and click the New posts link at top (red bar) it does what it says and lists all forums with new posts.
There's too many older ones to go through but there is no link on this same page to 'mark all as read' which is where i would expect it. There is a link on the left of the red bar 'Forum' when i visit that then i see over on the right a link 'mark all forums read'. I click that, but back on 'New Posts' it still shows the same number of unread posts.

How do i keep on top of this and only get it to show me new posts, i've not read. How can i clear posts I haven't time to read ?

ta muchly

(apologies if its asked already )
18-30 Fiat Uno > Supra Turbo (awesome) > 300zx Twin Turbo (awesome++) > Golf (mistake)
30-50 Esprit S4 (sanity restored) > Esprit V8 (awesomeness restored) > XC60 (oops) > Z4 3.0si (undecided)

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: unread posts..

Post by Bing » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 pm

On the other side of the bar at the top of the forum page there is a link to click that says 'view unread posts'. Seems to do what you want it to :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Worth saying, when I click new posts I only get one or two pages... But I am on every day and usually only use the new posts view. If I click view unread posts I get a response that has over 1,000 results... Probably due to the length of time I've been a member.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

paul_ozk

Post by paul_ozk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Bing wrote:On the other side of the bar at the top of the forum page there is a link to click that says 'view unread posts'. Seems to do what you want it to :thumbsup:

Bingo, you're a legend :-)

Fancy me clicking 'new posts'...
18-30 Fiat Uno > Supra Turbo (awesome) > 300zx Twin Turbo (awesome++) > Golf (mistake)
30-50 Esprit S4 (sanity restored) > Esprit V8 (awesomeness restored) > XC60 (oops) > Z4 3.0si (undecided)

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Thats also where you can click on "View your Posts" which gives you all threads that you've commented in.
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Bing wrote:On the other side of the bar at the top of the forum page there is a link to click that says 'view unread posts'. Seems to do what you want it to :thumbsup:

i've been on here some time now, and i've never noticed that :oops: :rofl:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 pm

I'd seen it but never used it.

I do love how the searching your own topics URL contains the search definition 'egosearch' :)