Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

forum/owners club

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
thepits

Re: forum/owners club

Post by thepits » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:50 pm

original guvnor wrote:It's nice to be a member of a club wider than just Z4's.
Why? :?

Cats know your every thought.
But don't care.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm

The Fiat Coupe forum, I'm still on after all these years. Has a club along side it. There is a fee, an annual dinner, AGM a club chairman, secretary etc. Amazing for such a small community. I never bothered with any of that. Just enjoyed posting and driving my 20vt :driving: Nothing has changed with me except the car. :D

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:04 pm

thepits wrote:
Because I like lots of other BMW's too.

How specific do you get? If it was model specific do you then have several Z4 owners clubs - one for Coupes, one for Roadsters, one for E89, one for Z4M's etc.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:09 pm

mr wilks wrote:
original guvnor wrote:
It's nice to be a member of a club wider than just Z4's.
I dunno about that , ive had 10/15 different BMWs & never felt the urge to join the club or for that matter meet up with other owners of 3,5,6 & Xseries cars that ive owned , the Z has a bit more character about it , possibly down to being a 2 seater ?
You've conviently ignored M Coupe, M Roadster, Z1, Z8, E30 M3, any M5, M3 CSL, M3 GTS, M1, 1M etc. I'm interested in seeing all of these cars and chatting to their owners.

There's a world outside the Z4.

thepits

Post by thepits » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 pm

original guvnor wrote:
thepits wrote:
Because I like lots of other BMW's too. How specific do you get? If it was model specific do you then have several Z4 owners clubs - one for Coupes, one for Roadsters, one for E89, one for Z4M's etc.
I like lots of other BMW's as well. I've owned various E30's [incl. an M3 :) ], E36 ..... and I think the i8 is really cool if a bit overpriced and impractical, but I don't need to be a member of a BMW club to do this.

I have in the past been a member of the BMWOC & BMWCC, but now I see no point.

Cats know your every thought.
But don't care.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:14 pm

original guvnor wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
original guvnor wrote:
It's nice to be a member of a club wider than just Z4's.
I dunno about that , ive had 10/15 different BMWs & never felt the urge to join the club or for that matter meet up with other owners of 3,5,6 & Xseries cars that ive owned , the Z has a bit more character about it , possibly down to being a 2 seater ?
You've conviently ignored M Coupe, M Roadster, Z1, Z8, E30 M3, any M5, M3 CSL, M3 GTS, M1, 1M etc. I'm interested in seeing all of these cars and chatting to their owners.
i haven't conveniently ignored them , i just haven't owned those yet :wink: if i wanted to see those cars or indeed meet their owners i would go to the relevant shows , i don't see the need to join BMW club for that :?
Last edited by mr wilks on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:15 pm

thepits wrote: I like lots of other BMW's as well. I've owned various E30's [incl. an M3 :) ], E36 ..... and I think the i8 is really cool if a bit overpriced and impractical, but I don't need to be a member of a BMW club to do this.

I have in the past been a member of the BMWOC & BMWCC, but now I see no point.
Well as I said earlier, that's your choice. I'm just explaining why i think differently. I'm not after validation.