Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

change the red z4 car it looks cartoonish and a joke

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
BTilley

Post by BTilley » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:12 pm

john-e89 wrote:Black grills look good on that :thumbsup:

Is that a shortened number plate? These early E85 fronts with the 'shark mouth' look great, better than facelift but the short plate makes it a bit 'Hitlerish'? maybe it's just that it's blacked out, just IMHO a short plate does'nt go with a 'long mouth grill' underneath. Car looks a very clean example.

Just a thought, I'm no styling guru..
now that i keep looking at it im going to remove it lol

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 am

BTilley wrote:
john-e89 wrote:Black grills look good on that :thumbsup:

Is that a shortened number plate? These early E85 fronts with the 'shark mouth' look great, better than facelift but the short plate makes it a bit 'Hitlerish'? maybe it's just that it's blacked out, just IMHO a short plate does'nt go with a 'long mouth grill' underneath. Car looks a very clean example.

Just a thought, I'm no styling guru..
now that i keep looking at it im going to remove it lol
Good idea, they do look good the pre-facelift cars with the front plate removed, especially the big bulky thing we have over here. Wish it was road legal this side of the pond to dump it!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:19 am

Hello and welcome, whatever anyone else says this forum is cracking entertainment, so thanks for your contribution and keep opening those doors :thumbsup:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am

I think small UK plates look good on any Z4 bumper (assuming you don't wish to go illegal and no plate)

Bumper evolution on mine, but always with a small plate:

Perhaps I should run a spot the difference from 'new' to now. Seats, bumper, wheels, lights, sills, etc.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 am

cj10jeeper wrote:I think small UK plates look good on any Z4 bumper (assuming you don't wish to go illegal and no plate)

Perhaps I should run a spot the difference from 'new' to now. Seats, bumper, wheels, lights, sills, etc.
The answers in your signature : Z4 3.0i SE Roadster - ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills, AE's, clear lenses, 4 spot rears, custom 108's, paddle shift/MFSW, quad exhaust, 330 brakes, cf rear diffuser, Alutec strut bar, retrofit Bluetooth and a whole host of other subtle mods :poke:
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:47 am

paddy wright wrote: The answers in your signature : Z4 3.0i SE Roadster - ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills, AE's, clear lenses, 4 spot rears, custom 108's, paddle shift/MFSW, quad exhaust, 330 brakes, cf rear diffuser, Alutec strut bar, retrofit Bluetooth and a whole host of other subtle mods :poke:
Then you'd never win as only some of the visible mods are in the signature :poke:
I always used to lose spot the difference so what do I know
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 am

cj10jeeper wrote:
paddy wright wrote: The answers in your signature : Z4 3.0i SE Roadster - ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills, AE's, clear lenses, 4 spot rears, custom 108's, paddle shift/MFSW, quad exhaust, 330 brakes, cf rear diffuser, Alutec strut bar, retrofit Bluetooth and a whole host of other subtle mods :poke:
Then you'd never win as only some of the visible mods are in the signature :poke:
I always used to lose spot the difference so what do I know
Knowing your cars evolution over the years I'd be confident I could get most of them :thumbsup:
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

captain caveman

Post by captain caveman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:53 am

Like the evo bumper :thumbsup:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 am

cj10jeeper wrote:I think small UK plates look good on any Z4 bumper (assuming you don't wish to go illegal and no plate)

Nice to see some pics of your P&J - you wouldn't know its age in that first pic, looking good :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 am

Is that first pic on Winnats pass CJ?
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:13 pm

john-e89 wrote:Is that first pic on Winnats pass CJ?
Yes - I think so. Was a day last year just driving around the Peak District

Nice road from behind the car up a typical Derbys. dry valley

Thanks Marlon. Not too shabby for a 13 year old car