Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Buckz
Member
Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:00 am
Location: West sussex

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Buckz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 pm

firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:12 pm
It won't even allow me to say the word v stanced, it comes up as blocked???
Yup the admin blocked my site for reasons unknown so it's not going to work anymore :) it'll work everywhere else tho other than this forum but here you'll need to use their attachment method.
Image
Now for sale... viewtopic.php?f=41&t=101949 :(

User avatar
Nanu
Member
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Nanu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I may have missed it but can someone do an idiots guide to posting photos on the site and include how to include an image as part of your signature?
Image
35is Valencia Orange - Black/Orange Alcantara & leather interior and full set of toys
Previous
E89 25i White
E89 28i Crimson

User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Marlon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Nanu wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm
I may have missed it but can someone do an idiots guide to posting photos on the site and include how to include an image as part of your signature?
how to upload pics to the forum:

from within your post -
click on 'attachments'
click on the 'add files' below the window
Select the picture you want to post from your computer
click on 'place in line'
click on 'preview' to see if it has worked
then 'submit'

how to link to pics for signature:

Uploading Signature:

Click on your name (top right)
Select 'user control panel'
Select 'profile tab'
Select 'edit signature'
Then link to the image you want in your sig and add your text (currently you have to host your sig picture on another site)
Then submit

Note: there is a 255 character limit and also a file size limit for your signature image (600 x 150 pixels)
Last edited by Marlon on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
3.0si 2008 | Remap | M seats | M wheel
Cruise | Style 32 alloys | DLV back box

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by firebobby » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Marlon wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 pm
Nanu wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm
I may have missed it but can someone do an idiots guide to posting photos on the site and include how to include an image as part of your signature?
how to upload pics to the forum:

from within your post -
click on the 'add files' below the window
Select the picture you want to post from your computer
click on 'place in line'
click on 'preview' to see if it has worked
then 'submit'

how to link to pics for signature:

Uploading Signature:

Click on your name (top right)
Select 'user control panel'
Select 'profile tab'
Select 'edit signature'
Then link to the image you want in your sig and add your text (currently you have to host your sig picture on another site)
Then submit

Note: there is a 255 character limit and also a file size limit for your signature image (600 x 150 pixels)
Colin, could you please screen dump the add files icon as I don't seem to have it.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Image

User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Marlon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 pm

firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:29 pm
Marlon wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 pm
Nanu wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm
I may have missed it but can someone do an idiots guide to posting photos on the site and include how to include an image as part of your signature?
how to upload pics to the forum:

from within your post -
click on the 'add files' below the window
Select the picture you want to post from your computer
click on 'place in line'
click on 'preview' to see if it has worked
then 'submit'

how to link to pics for signature:

Uploading Signature:

Click on your name (top right)
Select 'user control panel'
Select 'profile tab'
Select 'edit signature'
Then link to the image you want in your sig and add your text (currently you have to host your sig picture on another site)
Then submit

Note: there is a 255 character limit and also a file size limit for your signature image (600 x 150 pixels)
Colin, could you please screen dump the add files icon as I don't seem to have it.
I missed a step if you are not using 'quick reply' - sorry, you need to click on 'attachments' first and then 'add files'
Last edited by Marlon on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
3.0si 2008 | Remap | M seats | M wheel
Cruise | Style 32 alloys | DLV back box

User avatar
Buckz
Member
Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:00 am
Location: West sussex

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Buckz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 pm

Image

quick reply has it ;)
Image
Now for sale... viewtopic.php?f=41&t=101949 :(

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by firebobby » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

IMG_0017.JPG
Attachments
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG (142.47 KiB) Viewed 401 times
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Image

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by firebobby » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you guys :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Image

User avatar
dhobbs
Member
Member
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by dhobbs » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Just been onto pb and deleted all my photos then deleted my account. It was a struggle with all the adverts blocking almost all of the screen! It's almost like a ransom!
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. Dension. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot now! Bilstein b12 kit now fitted.

User avatar
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6719
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Harrogate
Contact:

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm

firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you guys :thumbsup:
You're welcome, glad you sorted it... Your plane?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by firebobby » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm
firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you guys :thumbsup:
You're welcome, glad you sorted it... Your plane?
Yeah, I keep it at Duxford :whistle:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Image

User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Marlon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:27 am

Having cancelled my subscription with Photobucket they have (as I had expected) locked me out and are holding my pictures to ransom.
I have copies of them all so not bothered, my links are still working although not sure how long that will last. In the meantime I've moved to a combination of postimage.org and Microsoft OneDrive :thumbsup:
Image
3.0si 2008 | Remap | M seats | M wheel
Cruise | Style 32 alloys | DLV back box

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 am

Marlon wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:27 am
Having cancelled my subscription with Photobucket they have (as I had expected) locked me out and are holding my pictures to ransom.
I have copies of them all so not bothered, my links are still working although not sure how long that will last. In the meantime I've moved to a combination of postimage.org and Microsoft OneDrive
I stopped using BotoPhucket as soon as the forum let you add photos! :lol:

I keep mine on my hard drive, backed up on a USB that is backed up onto my old PC - just don't want to have to get online to access them in all this "virtuality" (to me it doesn't really exist). :lol:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
Pastry
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1764
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:01 pm
Location: South East

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by Pastry » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:59 am

firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you guys :thumbsup:
How do you manage to get dressed in the morning Fred :lol:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic on genuine CSL's
2010 Z4 3.0i Msport Space Grey on 19" 326
2010 Z4 23i Msport Deep sea blue on19" 326

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Photobucket blocking 3rd party hosting of images

Post by firebobby » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:03 am

Pastry wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:59 am
firebobby wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you guys :thumbsup:
How do you manage to get dressed in the morning Fred :lol:
Only with your help buttercup :gfight:
Like your no good at buying decent cars Paul, I'm useless on the computer :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests