Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Member - Another order just placed

First port of call for new members
metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New Member - Another order just placed

Post by metal licker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 pm

AndyJ wrote:Whilst I agree fully with the above 2 posts there also has to be a line where you stop making BMW richer and the car heavier because you can.... My reservation comes from a few areas.
  • ive owned the normal system for 3 years and it was great
    Does the improved system take up space I could otherwise use ?
    It adds significant weight
Ideally I should demo it side by side with the normal version, but that's very hard to do.
I'm with you to a certain extent that's why I didn't opt for the satnav ( Bloody expensive and crap imo ) I also had the basic set up on my 23i and
there is a noticeable improvement :)
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

HillWalker

Post by HillWalker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 pm

AndyJ I've been on this site and the American Z4 post site for 4yrs or more and your probably the first person I've ever heard give a thumbs up to the standard sound system, even if your not bothered about the sound quality, the lack of volume at speed with the roof down is pathetic.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:31 am

HillWalker wrote:AndyJ I've been on this site and the American Z4 post site for 4yrs or more and your probably the first person I've ever heard give a thumbs up to the standard sound system, even if your not bothered about the sound quality, the lack of volume at speed with the roof down is pathetic.
When I'm moving quickly with the roof down the last thing Im bothered about is the hifi. In fact if the roof is down the tunes are very rarely on loud, just basic respect for others, especially when listening to Steel Panther :D

With the roof up its pretty good.
Z Current -- Z4 35 IS (Valencia Orange) -- 1/3/15
Z History -- Z3 2.8 (Atlanta Blue). Z3MR (Estoril Blue). Z4 3.0 (Sterling Grey). Z4M (Carbon Black). E89 35i MS(Sapphire Black)

gadgetJunky72

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:46 am

AndyJ wrote:
Ideally I should demo it side by side with the normal version, but that's very hard to do.
I'm sure someone on here can help you with that. i'm in London if that helps.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:41 pm

gadgetJunky72 wrote: I'm sure someone on here can help you with that. i'm in London if that helps.
Thanks for the offer GJ. Unfortunately ive just sold my Z4 with the basic setup to compare.
Z History -- Z3 2.8 (Atlanta Blue). Z3MR (Estoril Blue). Z4 3.0 (Sterling Grey). Z4M (Carbon Black). E89 35i MS(Sapphire Black)

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

AndyJ wrote:
dr_john wrote:Nice spec.

I have that colour on my 20i, love it! Strangely enough though, it shows up dirt more than my previous Alpine White E89 :o
Hi Doc,

Did you choose the Orange or Black roof ? Black or Orange world interior ? Any pictures ?

Glad to hear that you are enjoying it and with no regrets. It's a brave colour to order, but I love something that's a bit different and rarer. So far all the VO Z4's I've seen (not many) have been pretty dirty, so when I pick mine up it may be the first one I see with my Spec that's actually clean :)
I went for the orange roof and orange interior.

A few pics:-

Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 am

Looks stunning Dr ! Making me think 3 months is longer to wait than first anticipated....

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 am

I was lucky with mine, there was one rolling off the production line in the exact spec that I wanted. I was driving it 2 weeks later!
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

stitchexp626

Post by stitchexp626 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 am

AndyJ wrote:Looks stunning Dr ! Making me think 3 months is longer to wait than first anticipated....
I had to wait 3 months as well, but love the orange!

My wife was initially a bit skeptical about the colour but now really likes it as well :D
2014 28i Valencia Orange with a black roof. Manual naturally...

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:41 pm

The 3 month wait is to be honest, self imposed. BMW could have the car ready in January, but I hardly use the car during winter and if it snows it would stay in the garage. So I'm choosing to wait until March 1st and the 15 plates.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

AndyJ wrote:The 3 month wait is to be honest, self imposed. BMW could have the car ready in January, but I hardly use the car during winter and if it snows it would stay in the garage. So I'm choosing to wait until March 1st and the 15 plates.

Is the price now fixed?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:52 am

ronk wrote:Is the price now fixed?
Yep. Deposit paid. All fixed.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:02 am

Time flies. It was a long 3.5 months to wait when I started doing the deal, now it's already under 2.5. Christmas and New year will be gone in a blink and then under 2 months to go, plus the car in production…

I have pretty much decided against the upgraded HiFi now. My logic being that I've used the normal system for 3+ years and thought it was excellent. The advantage of the upgraded speaker systems seem to only be felt with the roof down and the volume up - whereas when I put the roof down I pretty much always turn the stereo down too. The extra speakers / subs also add considerable weight.

And it makes me feel good to know I resisted at least one option on the list :)

KERMIT1970

Post by KERMIT1970 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 am

Andy I went with the upgraded hifi system & to be honest for a extra £870 or something like that I'am a bit disappointed :|
Have the upgraded system in our 640 & it's fantastic! :D so save your money :thumbsup:
Cars: 2016 M4 vert YMB & X3m Comp. E30 325i Sport. Z3M

Gone
: 2014 z4 35is melbourne red & black leather
: 335d M sport Coupe Black with red leather
: z4 Coupe 3.0 si Red with Black Leather 18" CSL`s
: z3 2.2 sport

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:55 am

KERMIT1970 wrote:Andy I went with the upgraded hifi system & to be honest for a extra £870 or something like that I'am a bit disappointed :|
Have the upgraded system in our 640 & it's fantastic! :D so save your money :thumbsup:
Thanks. I believe the key thing is the size of the cabin. In the Z4 there is so little space (roof up) that the standard fit speakers are very capable of filling it. In your 6 series there's a whole lot more space to make use of those extra speakers.

We've also ordered an Evoque and that comes with the full monty sound system from Meridian specified. More speakers, more power, more interior space. Looking forward to it.