Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello from newbie with E85 MR

First port of call for new members
Jono-Z4

Re: Hello from newbie with E85 MR

Post by Jono-Z4 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Luke the spark wrote: Is your mate on the forum?
Yeppo :driving:
E85 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Black Oregon Leather, Brushed Light Aluminium, 135, Wind Deflector, Comfort Pack, Xenons, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Stubby

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Really like that! Only thing that's not for me is the black mirrors.
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

Bish

Post by Bish » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Jono-Z4 wrote:
Luke the spark wrote: Is your mate on the forum?
Yeppo :driving:
:thumbsup:
Dr. Zoidberg Interlagos Blue ///MR - Stubby - Black Grilles - Black 224's - Black Mirrors - RPI GT Exhaust

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 pm

StevenH72 wrote:Welcome.

The car looks fantastic, I think the wheels and black wing mirrors work nicely, but get your front lights tinted to give it a real stealth look.

Sim-simma's car is a great example:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64389

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 71#p956971
Didn't spot that the first thanks :lol:

Bish - If you want to know what I did I'll send you some info and pics. They're essentially the same headlighte as you have. Just painted black and tinted with halos added.

Bish

Post by Bish » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 am

Sim

Cheers mate, I would appreciate that. Especially some info on the products used and a few close ups to see just how dark they are.

Were you able to graduate the amount of tint? The overall effect on yours is spot on with the black body, but I think with the blue paint work I would be going for a light "smoked" look . Any thoughts?
Dr. Zoidberg Interlagos Blue ///MR - Stubby - Black Grilles - Black 224's - Black Mirrors - RPI GT Exhaust

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:23 am

Bish wrote:Sim

Cheers mate, I would appreciate that. Especially some info on the products used and a few close ups to see just how dark they are.

Were you able to graduate the amount of tint? The overall effect on yours is spot on with the black body, but I think with the blue paint work I would be going for a light "smoked" look . Any thoughts?
Yes you can :) there's about 5 coats of tint on mine so it's very gradual as you apply. I'll send you some info tonight when I finish work :)

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 am

beautiful car mate

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 pm

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57036
Instead of pm'ing you a load of pics you may as well just have a look at page 10 of my resurrection thread :) feel free to check out the rest :)

xedbot

Post by xedbot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Nice car, I like the black wheels. :thumbsup:

Bish

Post by Bish » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks again for the thumbs up.

Sim, just read the resurrection thread start to finish whilst my tea went cold in front of me. Awesome work mate, think I got the info I needed on the AEs too. Although seeing the standard of your work has made me consider trying to source some breakers lights for a practice run :wink:

Also on the stealth theme, anybody have recommendations for good quality replacement badges. I'm thinking a full set of black & whites, or maybe grey or even carbon. Obviously want to avoid all the cheap s#@t coming out of china.

Cheers

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 am

Bish wrote:Thanks again for the thumbs up.

Sim, just read the resurrection thread start to finish whilst my tea went cold in front of me. Awesome work mate, think I got the info I needed on the AEs too. Although seeing the standard of your work has made me consider trying to source some breakers lights for a practice run :wink:

Also on the stealth theme, anybody have recommendations for good quality replacement badges. I'm thinking a full set of black & whites, or maybe grey or even carbon. Obviously want to avoid all the cheap s#@t coming out of china.

Cheers
There's not a lot that can go horribly wrong if anything really. I mean opening them is the hardest part and a lot of people have done it on here. I've not heard of anyone who has ruined a light! Not as bad as it looks :)

Ive got some carbon centre caps that were cheap and look bang on but I don't know if they have any suitable sizes for the other badges on the car.