Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie on Spanish Tour

First port of call for new members
Runflat

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Runflat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Finally got around to registering on the forum after almost a year with the new car. Thought it was about time after it was spotted by DibbleCorse "looking great in the sun" in Brighton on the 2nd September 2017, on my way to catch the ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe to start our trip around the south Spanish coast.
This is now my 3rd Z car, went for this one as it was only one of 2 Valencia orange cars left. The only things I wanted on the car were auto, nav, the 2.8 engine, upgraded hifi and heated seats. What I got was a 2.0 auto with the lowest spec hifi, heated seats and heated steering wheel. I have already upgraded the door speakers and tweeters with new Rockford Fosgate OEM fit items and the sound is so much better. I have an X1 with HK and although not up to the same std it's not bad at all. I would recommend it to anyone with the 6 speaker set up.
Other plan is to maybe have the car remapped to the 2.8 spec - my main concern is how does this affect insurance. Any advice welcome!
All the best from sunny Spain!!
Valencia Orange 2016 2.0i Msport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by buzyg » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) You may have to change that user name, due to poor ride and tram lining though. Enjoy you fun in the sun :driving: and be sure to post up some pics.

There's a certain bear, with a saw paw, who should be able to answer your insurance question.

Runflat

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Runflat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Totally agree - but can't seem to get away from them. Had them on my original E85 - changed to Avon non-runflat after the wife refused to drive the car as she thought there was either something wrong with it or there was ice on the roads! We then had an E89 model, which to be fair was so much better than the E85 in terms of tram lining. Then changed to a mini roadster jcw which, in the colour we wanted, only came with sportcontact3 runflats. The mini was great fun but loud. Roof down in the Z4 at 80 is quieter than the mini was with the roof up at the same speed.
The mini made way for the latest Z4. Yes it has a hard ride, but it's no where near as bad as the mini. It also doesn't tramline like a mini either. We also have the X1 which is on runflats!
Runflats on the Z4 will be going at the earliest opportunity.
Will do a write up of the holiday when I get back. Car is getting quite a bit of attention here in Spain.

Sam1977

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Sam1977 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Runflat wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:13 pm Finally got around to registering on the forum after almost a year with the new car. Thought it was about time after it was spotted by DibbleCorse "looking great in the sun" in Brighton on the 2nd September 2017, on my way to catch the ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe to start our trip around the south Spanish coast.
This is now my 3rd Z car, went for this one as it was only one of 2 Valencia orange cars left. The only things I wanted on the car were auto, nav, the 2.8 engine, upgraded hifi and heated seats. What I got was a 2.0 auto with the lowest spec hifi, heated seats and heated steering wheel. I have already upgraded the door speakers and tweeters with new Rockford Fosgate OEM fit items and the sound is so much better. I have an X1 with HK and although not up to the same std it's not bad at all. I would recommend it to anyone with the 6 speaker set up.
Other plan is to maybe have the car remapped to the 2.8 spec - my main concern is how does this affect insurance. Any advice welcome!
All the best from sunny Spain!!
Hi great that you are down in Spain!! Where are you going to? I am down near Gibraltar so if you are down my way give me a shout! I am also from Suffolk originally by the way.

Have a great trip
Sam.
BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE
Other tin:
Porsche 911 Turbo S / Boxster S
BMW E60 M5 / E38 740i / E46 320d / E36 316i / E46 330Ci (Time Attack car)
Mercedes SL500
Hyundai Accent Copa (Andalucia Cup) x3
Audi A6 Avant x2
Nissan Navara
Fiat Punto Sporting

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by metal licker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Runflat

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Runflat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi Sam,
Hope you are enjoying the sun. Not too far away from you in Malaga.
Here for 2 more nights before starting to head home and catching the ferry in Bilbo on the 20th.
In Tunstall but moving to Bramfield later this year.
All the best,
Phil

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by jabber » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Enjoy your trip get some pics posted
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Sam1977

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Sam1977 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Runflat wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm Hi Sam,
Hope you are enjoying the sun. Not too far away from you in Malaga.
Here for 2 more nights before starting to head home and catching the ferry in Bilbo on the 20th.
In Tunstall but moving to Bramfield later this year.
All the best,
Phil
Hi Phil

Never been to Tunstall but I was near there earlier in the year in Aldeburgh for a family thing. I grew up in a small village called Stutton in the Shotley Peninsular so my local town was Ipswich. Lived in Ipswich as an adult many years. Its a great part of the country.

I have lived in Spain for 12 years now but I go back now and again with work - in fact I just got back from Chester today.

If you fancy a quick jaunt down to La Linea (about an hour from you) tomorrow and a gas about all things 4-wheeled we'll be in our warehouse working on our race cars - Hyundai's +350 58009023. If not and you're busy then enjoy the rest of your road trip. Driving north at the weekend best route is via Madrid - during week via Salamanca. I have done this drive many times and other than the boring bit around Cordoba its a great blast. Just watch out for the boys in green!!

All the best
Sam.
BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE
Other tin:
Porsche 911 Turbo S / Boxster S
BMW E60 M5 / E38 740i / E46 320d / E36 316i / E46 330Ci (Time Attack car)
Mercedes SL500
Hyundai Accent Copa (Andalucia Cup) x3
Audi A6 Avant x2
Nissan Navara
Fiat Punto Sporting

Runflat

Newbie on Spanish Tour

Post by Runflat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi Sam, know that area very well. My wife Lynn is from Chelmondiston and I have also lived there too.
How long ago were you there?
This is as far down as we are going this year, but we are going to start here and do Portugal next year. If you are still here next year we will come and see you. Thanks for the generous offer though.
All the best Sam.
Phil