Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suspension wheels/tires Upgrades

First port of call for new members
albechler

Post by albechler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm

I just got a 2011 Z4 3.0 base. I want to upgrade shocks/springs/wheels/tires. I am looking at Bilstein heavy duty shocks, Eibach springs but not sure if this is what I should get or need other suggestions from Z4 owners' experiences.

Haven't really researched upgrading wheels/tires yet, but do want to go from standard 17" to maybe offset or (4) 18's, 19's? Need advice. Thanks in advance!!

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Personal experience would lead me to advise replacement OE dampers and lowering springs, which will give you some compliance on the road.

I have the Bilstein B12 kit, which is great for smooth roads and track driving, but becomes quite scrappy when the road gets bumpy. Lee off here has OE Dampers and lowering springs and is able to push harder than I am on most normal roads....

I think my next upgrade will possibly be some decent coilovers, but they come at a price....
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

albechler

Post by albechler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advise Ed. Just curious, if you do upgrade to coilovers, what brand, series, etc. would you get? Thanks again :D