Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4m owner

First port of call for new members
Aktiengesellschaft

Re: New Z4m owner

Post by Aktiengesellschaft » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:44 am

Image[/URL]

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:19 am

So what does that do exactly, other than look cool.

Aktiengesellschaft

Post by Aktiengesellschaft » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 am

GPS data base of known enforcement areas.... X and K band radar signal detection, laser detection, audible and visual alerting... Visual via an LED embedded in the mirror. Controls in ash tray easily concealed. Looks cool and constantly tells you to slow the ?$&@ down. Wastes a fair bit of your modding budget.

Aktiengesellschaft

New Z4m owner

Post by Aktiengesellschaft » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:49 am

Two years in now... purchased with 71000 on the clock, now passing 93000. Remarkably maintenance free except for things related to operator error. (Curbing the front left wheel on an icy morning! Oops) I flog this steed every chance I get. First choice unless the roads are covered in snow or an afternoon thunderstorm threatens to dent. For what it's worth, this car is useless in the face of frozen precipitation. Advice gleaned from these pages has been helpful. Cleaned convertible top drain which probably saved needing to replace motor for the lid as the drain was fouled. On my second el cheapo aftermarket windshield fluid pump... shipping was more than the cost of two pumps... recently sprang for new brake rotors....

I love this car... makes driving a pleasure. Looking to spring for some new tires .... I've been spinning the old ones as much as possible in order to wear them out, thereby necessitating an upgrade. Any suggestion about a new set of hoops that balance grip / longevity?

Happy summer motoring all

kis
Lifer
Lifer

New Z4m owner

Post by kis » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:50 am

Nice update! I'm also happy to hear if it's looked after then it's not a money pit, certainly been spending a lot on it recently but then I guess that's just me wanting to add my touch to it, rather than a maintenance thing :oops:

And likewise, happy motoring to you too! :driving:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Aktiengesellschaft

New Z4m owner

Post by Aktiengesellschaft » Fri May 08, 2020 4:09 pm

I suppose I am no longer, strictly speaking a newbie. Just had a wide variety of variable nockenwellensteuerung components refurbished and or replaced, front sway bar attachment point beefed up, fresh set of brake rotors, and once again addressed the recurring Michelin Pilot super sport lack of adequate tread issue. Rear tire wear in particular seems to be a seasonal problem. It is particularly acute in the springtime! Up to 123k on the clock. Contemplating adding a wind deflector in the interest of placating longer haired passengers. Daily driving the Zed in all conditions other than snow and ice. Loads of time to strafe mountain roads in the Rocky Mountains as my regular economic activities are currently sidelined. Best of luck to all out there during These uncertain times. Thank goodness for Zed4 therapy.... keeps me somewhat sane...