Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hi from a Newbie (no longer) looking for a 3L Z4

First port of call for new members
LordOxygen

Hi from a Newbie looking for a 3L Z4

Post by LordOxygen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Who do i need to argue with to get some stars illuminated? Feeling left out here. :(

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 pm

LordOxygen wrote:Who do i need to argue with to get some stars illuminated? Feeling left out here. :(
Wade in here, the way gold can never let anything go and you'll be up to 50 posts in no time! :wink:
I hadn't even noticed I'd gone from 3 to 4 stars till he pointed it out, so he does have his uses! :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Evening, I've been looking around and have a better idea of what I can get for the money. Should be able to get a decent enough car that we'll be happy with for between 5.5 and £6K. There's a couple of z4s that have caught my eye, however they're a good drive away. If I'm going to travel a long way (100+ miles) I'm going to buy and I'm not ready for that yet.

This is a big ask but I wonder if anyone around the Oxford area say within 30 drive (up / down m40) that would be willing to let me sit in their z4 with sports seats please (to see if I fit) and perhaps be willing to talk cars for 30 mins. I'd really value a chat with an enthusiast owner to learn about them. No worries if not.
Cheers

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 am

LordOxygen wrote:Evening, I've been looking around and have a better idea of what I can get for the money. Should be able to get a decent enough car that we'll be happy with for between 5.5 and £6K. There's a couple of z4s that have caught my eye, however they're a good drive away. If I'm going to travel a long way (100+ miles) I'm going to buy and I'm not ready for that yet.

This is a big ask but I wonder if anyone around the Oxford area say within 30 drive (up / down m40) that would be willing to let me sit in their z4 with sports seats please (to see if I fit) and perhaps be willing to talk cars for 30 mins. I'd really value a chat with an enthusiast owner to learn about them. No worries if not.
Cheers
Hi OP, sorry your thread got so de-railed - it isn't always this embarrassing, honest! :roll:

I'm in Berkshire, so not exactly near you and my Z4 is a Coupe - but it does have the (M?) Sport seats! If it would help I could maybe meet you at High Wycombe or somewhere thereabouts so you could try them out. If that may be helpful let me know and I'll PM you contact details (I don't think "Newbies" can send PMs).

I'm a relative newcomer to BMW straight 6 petrol engines, but in the last couple of years my experience (and only mine) is that when an M54 engine (as in pre-facelift, or in my case an E46 325ti) has a problem it can still be used with care, whereas an N52 (as in facelift) needs attention immediately and tends to cost more to fix!

At your budget I'd go for a good 3 litre pre-facelift ahead of any 2.5 - but if you found a 3 litre facelift that may be a tougher choice!

Good luck anyway. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure you get a star at 50 posts and become a Member. (Hopefully not in the Country, like some on here seem to be)!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Mr Tidy, thanks for the offer of letting me sit in your car, however its no longer necessary. (TBH i forgot about this thread so completely missed it.)

Deposit paid on a E85se. :) a very smart 3L manual which is what i wanted. Unless the world ends I'm collecting it next weekend. It has heated seats so my other half will be happy when the roof is down. Busy day tomorrow clearing out the garage to make space.

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:40 pm

I do like a happy ending :thumbsup:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:11 pm

LordOxygen wrote:Mr Tidy, thanks for the offer of letting me sit in your car, however its no longer necessary. (TBH i forgot about this thread so completely missed it.)

Deposit paid on a E85se. :) a very smart 3L manual which is what i wanted. Unless the world ends I'm collecting it next weekend. It has heated seats so my other half will be happy when the roof is down. Busy day tomorrow clearing out the garage to make space.
Thank god for that. I thought that you were going to achieve "legend" status (5 x gold stars) just responding the "interesting" comments on this thread.

So moving on to really important matters. Once you have cleared out your garage please find your camera and remember to use it next weekend!

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:07 pm

LordOxygen wrote: Deposit paid on a E85se. a very smart 3L manual which is what i wanted. Unless the world ends I'm collecting it next weekend. It has heated seats so my other half will be happy when the roof is down. Busy day tomorrow clearing out the garage to make space.
Great news OP. :thumbsup:

But it's going to be a long week now....!

Did anyone mention photos? :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

maxman

Post by maxman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Sounds like you have made a wise choice.

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:42 am

:D :driving: :D
20170211_103207.jpg
20170211_103207.jpg (106.87 KiB) Viewed 724 times

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Where's the rest of it! :wink:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm

...In the garage.
Had to battle muddy roads and snow on the way back. Pics once its more presentable.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Glad you have one (believe it when we see the photos) what year, colour, trim, wheels ?? Come on, spill the beans :poke:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:28 pm

It's an old one. (2003) 74k 107s black heated leather, cruise, old skool satnav, surprisingly good stereo and generally in lovely condition. The light blue colour, Maldives blue i think its called, which we both really like.

Edit to add. The previous owner (forum member) fitted a zhp gear knob which is a nice thing. I quite fancy a black grill but other than that its stock.

blackabbot

Post by blackabbot » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Looking forward to the pics, love the maldive blue :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D