Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another prospective owner

First port of call for new members
Birchslap

Post by Birchslap » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Evening All,

I am currently putting some serious thought into owning a Z4. As an IRL friend of Disca (and others on here) they have gently been giving me a :poke: in the general Z4 direction after speaking about getting rid of my current S3.

Currently I am looking at E89's which would be my daily, engine size isn't really an issue however would be around the 20i and 23i with current budget. S3 would be given in part ex where possible due to the need of having a car (appreciate I'll get less for it this way).

I might go take a look at this at the weekend as its reasonably local just to see if I actually like how they drive and feel:
http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/Z/2.5i-sDrive ... =se_na_re_

However the real question relies on what to be looking out for when looking at examples. I've been lurking for a few days reading up on issues such as cracked wheels etc, is there anything else I should bare in mind?

Thanks in advance!

Birch (Chris)

Disca

Post by Disca » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Whalecum to the forum.

I know nout about E89 so others can cover that instead :D
He who has the most toys, wins.

‘15 VFR1200FD

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Looks a nice machine linked , possibly a tad pricey with 23i on non Msport but the warranty must be worth something to you as a buyer & they aren't free from BMW :cry:
The 296s look great but as you are aware they do have a big chance of cracking & if i was looking to buy i would want to see the car on a ramp & inspect carefully all 4 rims on the backside myself :wink: don't take the salesman's word for it as the BMW AUC check has proved to be unreliable
Otherwise i can't see much to trouble you if you are happy with the car after testdrive + inspection , ive had a 23i 89 & loved it , its never going to rocket from the lights or particularly thrill you in the bends but ignore those 2 points & much enjoyment can be had from the straight6 unit + manual box :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. A nice looking example. Love the interior colour scheme. Take a few test drives. :driving:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Chris. :thumbsup:

I don't know much about E89s, but I would be amazed if there isn't a buyer's guide in the E89 section of the Forum!

Happy searching!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:19 am

Hi and Welcome!

I confess I'm the same, don't know that much about the e89 other than its a nice car? :rofl:
I'm sure that in addition to the buyers guide/or guides Mr Tidy is referring to, there must be a few posts even on this Newbie section from previous e89 prospective owners, who have had their questions answered?

Good luck with the search!
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi Chris! Welcome to the forum. Any updates???
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift