Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

When was the last Z4C registered?

First port of call for new members
Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm doing some digging to find out when the last Z4C was registered, but so far have been unsuccessful.

I know that they stopped production on 28th August 2008 but I am currently looking at a 2009 July registered coupe. This surely would have been one of the very last ones ever registered? Do you think this late registration will help the car in years to come with appreciation (I like many others, don't see their price moving too much at the moment).

Does anyone on here have an '09 or even maybe a '57 registered plate on their Z4C?

Cheers all

Joe :driving:
Current: Black Z4C 3.0si sport with all the toys :driving:
Previous: 2000 Z3 2.8L roadster; 1.2L Corsa (compulsory first car!)

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 pm

I have a 57 plate, registered about June 07 if I remember correctly. 08 plates seem to be rare on Z4C's
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:38 pm

I've seen a few 08's but most are 06/07.. mine's an 07

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

My Coupe was reg March 2009 - I think July 09 registered will have been one of the last.

Do you know the build date? Will tell you how long it was sat at a dealers before it was sold.

Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:11 pm

DPG wrote:My Coupe was reg March 2009 - I think July 09 registered will have been one of the last.

Do you know the build date? Will tell you how long it was sat at a dealers before it was sold.
Not sure on the build date, but i know the last one came off the run August 2008 so i presume since around august 08?

It would be interesting to know a number registered on each plate, ie 100 on 56, 200 on 07 etc. Your one must have been on 09 plate being March I'd have thought, but I've not seen any others that are 2009 registered.

Curious.....

Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 pm

bmwaddict wrote:I have a 57 plate, registered about June 07 if I remember correctly. 08 plates seem to be rare on Z4C's
Thanks

This one is an 09 so must be even rarer....(but does that make it anymore desirable.... :? ), I have seen a number of 07/57 plates in my searches, this is the first 09 plate.

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Joemarsh wrote:
DPG wrote:My Coupe was reg March 2009 - I think July 09 registered will have been one of the last.

Not sure on the build date, but i know the last one came off the run August 2008 so i presume since around august 08?

It would be interesting to know a number registered on each plate, ie 100 on 56, 200 on 07 etc. Your one must have been on 09 plate being March I'd have thought, but I've not seen any others that are 2009 registered.

Curious.....
Yeah reg was VO09 XZV, I'm sure Taz will have some info being Mr Coupe.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Taz's was a really late coupe I think.

The dealers ordered them in and they sat for agggeesss at the time, seems bonkers now but they just weren't popular. BMW were also trying to offload them too which is why a lot come with odd specs, like every option then stupid things like no cruise control. etc

Will it make it more desirable... Ye I think so. If I was buying now I would try and get in the youngest lowest milage car I could. But like above finding the right one is hard. They are also very desirable so they don't hang around long, its a difficult one.

I would rather have a car that had the spec I wanted than the year as there are no facelifts on the coupe so they in theory should all be the same and have almost no issues.

When I bought mine I jumped on it because it was actually the first I had managed to find. Think there was 3 for sale in the country and it had most of the spec I wanted. Infact it had everything except cruise and heated seats! It was ordered by the dealer as a demonstrator. For an M car not to have heated seats and cruise seems crazy to me... but again very hard to find so bought it!

Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 pm

tomscott wrote:Taz's was a really late coupe I think.

The dealers ordered them in and they sat for agggeesss at the time, seems bonkers now but they just weren't popular. BMW were also trying to offload them too which is why a lot come with odd specs, like every option then stupid things like no cruise control. etc

Will it make it more desirable... Ye I think so. If I was buying now I would try and get in the youngest lowest milage car I could. But like above finding the right one is hard. They are also very desirable so they don't hang around long, its a difficult one.

I would rather have a car that had the spec I wanted than the year as there are no facelifts on the coupe so they in theory should all be the same and have almost no issues.

When I bought mine I jumped on it because it was actually the first I had managed to find. Think there was 3 for sale in the country and it had most of the spec I wanted. Infact it had everything except cruise and heated seats! It was ordered by the dealer as a demonstrator. For an M car not to have heated seats and cruise seems crazy to me... but again very hard to find so bought it!
Thanks, that's really usesful. It's a low mileage 2 owner but a bit more than I wanted to spend but looks a peach so I'm really tempted.

I keep seeing everyone talking about the spec? I know the heated seats, cruise, sat nav, electric folding mirrors and internal storage, but what others are there. I'm only really bothered about heated seats and the cruise(although I don't intend to do much cursing!) it's nice to have it for the longer trips. The car I'm looking at has cruise and heated seats. So fits my bill? But what else should I be looking for.? O yeah and xenons.

Thanks

Joe

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Upgraded audio if you like your music as IMO base 6speaker is a bit weak and cold.

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Joemarsh wrote:I keep seeing everyone talking about the spec? I know the heated seats, cruise, sat nav, electric folding mirrors and internal storage, but what others are there. I'm only really bothered about heated seats and the cruise(although I don't intend to do much cursing!) it's nice to have it for the longer trips. The car I'm looking at has cruise and heated seats. So fits my bill? But what else should I be looking for.? O yeah and xenons.

Thanks

Joe
Give us the registration or the VIN and we'll give you the build spec :roundel:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 pm

NickDE wrote:
Joemarsh wrote:I keep seeing everyone talking about the spec? I know the heated seats, cruise, sat nav, electric folding mirrors and internal storage, but what others are there. I'm only really bothered about heated seats and the cruise(although I don't intend to do much cursing!) it's nice to have it for the longer trips. The car I'm looking at has cruise and heated seats. So fits my bill? But what else should I be looking for.? O yeah and xenons.

Thanks

Joe
Give us the registration or the VIN and we'll give you the build spec :roundel:
I managed to get the vin from the owner and have checked the spec, it does Day chrome package interior? It has piano black trim, is the chrome package different?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0658.PNG
IMG_0658.PNG (56.14 KiB) Viewed 811 times
IMG_0657.PNG
IMG_0657.PNG (81.22 KiB) Viewed 811 times
IMG_0656.PNG
IMG_0656.PNG (77.41 KiB) Viewed 811 times
IMG_0655.PNG
IMG_0655.PNG (54.02 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 pm

pm me the last 7 digits and i will tell you exactly where is sits in the build date

mine was the last into the uk

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 pm

According to my records LJ50656 was built 27/06/2008, which if i'm correct there was 45 more built after it (uk models)

Joemarsh

Post by Joemarsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Taz wrote:According to my records LJ50656 was built 27/06/2008, which if i'm correct there was 45 more built after it (uk models)
Thanks Taz, still one of the last to be produced then for the U.K.