Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Saying Hello

First port of call for new members
Tim2100

Saying Hello

Post by Tim2100 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Nictrix wrote: I have to ask....... why do you need more than 1 bowling ball never mind 6 or 21?
You can only throw them one at a time. :lol:
And also what kit do you need other than bowling shoes?
Haha. It is a question that is asked regularly.
I bowl hook bowling style (Ball goes in a curve) and the different balls have different strengths depending on the conditions. A nice new centre with lots of oil on the lane will need a super strong ball to cut through the oil, other centres or patterns may have more grip or less oil or a different oil pattern so need a weaker ball and every variation between them.

Need shoes, towels, wipes, cleaners, wrist support, thumb tape and thumb inserts :D:D :rofl: :D:D

21 was taking 4 peoples kit to a large tournament near London.

Tim2100

Saying Hello

Post by Tim2100 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:Welcome to the forum OP.

I used to be in a junior ten-pin league, but haven't been bowling for ages - maybe it's time to get the ball out of the loft! I only ever needed one as I always bowled a straight ball, but can understand why a hook bowler would need more than one (not sure about 21 though) - I still remember the bottles of Nu-Skin from doing tournaments. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure an E86 would take loads of balls, so to speak! And you'll find it a real treat after the diesels - I had a 320td and a 123d before I saw the light and bought an E86.

Hope you can get one soon. :thumbsup:
Cheers. You should get the ball out and start bowling again! I only carry 6 because I am quite obsesive about it. and often get beaten by somebody who just has one ball so need to get another then!
Nu-Skin is still widely used although I use tape to protect my thumb.

Thank you for the welcome :)

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Saying Hello

Post by Nictrix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Tim2100 wrote:
Nictrix wrote: I have to ask....... why do you need more than 1 bowling ball never mind 6 or 21?
You can only throw them one at a time. :lol:
And also what kit do you need other than bowling shoes?
Haha. It is a question that is asked regularly.
I bowl hook bowling style (Ball goes in a curve) and the different balls have different strengths depending on the conditions. A nice new centre with lots of oil on the lane will need a super strong ball to cut through the oil, other centres or patterns may have more grip or less oil or a different oil pattern so need a weaker ball and every variation between them.

Need shoes, towels, wipes, cleaners, wrist support, thumb tape and thumb inserts :D:D :rofl: :D:D

21 was taking 4 peoples kit to a large tournament near London.
Sounds very professional and out of my league.
I normally just pick the one I can get my fingers into :)
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)