Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Zed's maiden voyage

First port of call for new members
NickDE

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by NickDE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 pm

StuartH wrote:There is a knack to exiting while retaining a modicum of dignity. Unfortunately I've yet to master it & frequently appear to be taking the car off rather than getting out of it.
+1. After four months I haven't mastered it with dignity. Instead I have focused on checking no one is watching before exiting :oops:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi OP, and welcome from a fellow Coupe owner!

Both car and roads look fantastic - shame roads around this part of the world are only that quiet when it is dark. :lol:

I only have a struggle getting in or out when I can't get the door open far, but then there I am no powerfully-built company director. :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

AlfaScozzesi

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:33 pm

Lovely Zed and it sounds like it's underneath your skin already. :D

For getting in and out I find a hand on the sill pushing you out of the seat with one leg out works. :thumbsup:

blackabbot

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by blackabbot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Lovely Z, Getting in backside on seat then swing both legs in, Getting out both legs out then as AlfaScozzesi says a hand on the sill pushing yourself out, i'm sixty five and the lads at work have all been giving me stick for buying my z, but I've got getting in and out off to a fine art :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

Jollyjoiner

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Jollyjoiner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Looking well :driving:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

scott202

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by scott202 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Wood Butcher wrote: Felt like a bit of a tool when I first tried to fill her up, the pump kept shutting off constantly unless I trickled the fuel in gently, so blocked the forecourt for a while. Not a problem though, I was only holding up a caravan!
Nice Zed!
I found this at first, try holding the nozzle at a slight angle from one side. You'll soon get the knack of it.
2004 E85 Z4 3.0i / Stirling Grey / Xenons / M-Sport Suspension / New England Leather / Carver DSP / Navigation / Intravee II

Wood Butcher

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Wood Butcher » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks guys!

StuartH, I will check out those roads you mentioned around Holmfirth. Although it's not that far from here, it's not an area I've explored yet. Anywhere with a nice smooth road sounds good to me!

Thanks also to those posting their tips to get out of the car without slipping a disc :lol: I'm sure I'll manage with practice, getting in is easy enough.

And finally the fuel issue. Have tried angling the nozzle as suggested by Scott202, which did help, but still shut off quite frequently. Usually I use my local Sainsburys, but tried a Shell station when I was out, and had less of a problem there filling her up.
Looks like the pump nozzles make a difference.

Rusky

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Rusky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Lurrrrvely Welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Wood Butcher

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Wood Butcher » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 am

I need some urgent help.
How do I get rid of those dark grey fluffy things in the sky, that are leaking to go away?? :(

NickDE

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by NickDE » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Wood Butcher wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 am I need some urgent help.
How do I get rid of those dark grey fluffy things in the sky, that are leaking to go away?? :(
They happen if you drive too slowly. Speed up a bit and they go away.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Zed's maiden voyage

Post by Lynchy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:37 pm

That is a tasty looking Zed :thumbsup: