Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Run flats to non-run flats

First port of call for new members
seg101

Post by seg101 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am

Hi all,

I've had my 2005 3.0 Z4 for 2 years now and have been running the Bridgestone run-flats that were fitted when I bought it. The front tires are now showing signs of wear so I'm considering replacing them with Goodyear Eagle F1s.

My question is, when moving from run-flats to non-run flats, do I need to replace ALL FOUR tires at the same time or am I ok just replacing the front two and then completing the switch when the rear's are ready to be replaced.

Thanks!

csm180

Post by csm180 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi I believe you can run two the same on one axel, i.e. Two on the front or two on the back. You mustn't mix on the same axel, so replacing the fronts to non run flat is fine. I have never done it as when I moved to nrf all were changed. I really rated the uniroyal rainsport 3's as an alternative.
E89 23i pearl black.
E85 Titanium Silver 3.0se sold

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

csm180 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm Hi I believe you can run two the same on one axel, i.e. Two on the front or two on the back. You mustn't mix on the same axel, so replacing the fronts to non run flat is fine. I have never done it as when I moved to nrf all were changed. I really rated the uniroyal rainsport 3's as an alternative.
Rainsports are REALLY good, especially in our climate. If you're in the UK that is.

Neilc

Post by Neilc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 pm

I've just ordered some Yokohama V701's better ratings than the good years and a bit cheaper.
2.5Si Stirling grey Z4, green cotton induction kit, front & rear strut brace, clear third brake light, 19" deep dish alloys, Eibach Pro springs and colour coded duck tail spoiler.