Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First port of call for new members
Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am

Morning all,

so I bought a lovely little Z4 2.5i on a 2003 plate with just under 57,000 miles on the clock, its is in really good condition there are a few little marks around the car which is to be expected and a small dent on the passenger door. It has sat-nav with DSP and red leather. It also came with a hardtop which is in good condition bar one corner which has a crack in it, also has a private plate.

The thing is even though it is a nice car its my daily driver and i am not really getting used to it and think I might sell it in the near future.

With that said can you guys give me a hand with what you think it is worth?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
20170423_183752.jpg
20170423_183752.jpg (192.02 KiB) Viewed 1208 times

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 am

Anybody!? :attentionwhore:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:25 am

I guess more information is needed, are the 108 wheels needing a refurb/ are decent tyres fitted? and particularly on servicing and repair history, how long you have owned it? it all helps to give an idea of what a buyer is getting in to.

It seems your car failed the MOT in Feb with several faults and passed still with advisories still present last month. First question is what stuff been fixed and how, as the work could add up. Minds would need to be put at rest in particular over things like coolant leaks (cheap hose? or pump/rad/header or Head gasket?) and brake pipe corrosion that's featured in several previous MOT's.

Could be it's all pukka in which case a low mileage car might be attractive. :thumbsup:

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date1 March 2017 Expiry date28 February 2018 Test ResultPass Odometer reading56,004 miles MOT test number1635 9753 4193 Advisory notice item(s)
front brake discs corroded
Offside Front Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Test date27 February 2017 Test ResultFail Odometer reading56,004 miles MOT test number4564 8565 7978 Reason(s) for failure
Supplementary Restraint System warning lamp indicates a fault (5.4.2)
Offside coil spring broken (2.4.C.1a)
Offside Front Brake hose excessively damaged (3.6.B.4d)
Nearside Front Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Brake pipe excessively corroded front to rear (3.6.B.2c)
Advisory notice item(s)
coolant leak
offside front tyre damaged on the inner sidewall
front brake discs corroded
Offside Front Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am

£4,500
I would sell the Hardtop separately, depending on the extent of the corner damage £500 - £600
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks,

Well the guy before had the failures all sorted and the coolant leak done (was a cheap pipe) and there is a receipt that proves the work has been completed.

The advisories on the current mot have not been rectified and stand as advisories.

I have only had the car a couple of weeks but am really not getting on with how low it is and the lack of compartments inside. Just being Honest.

Impulse buy :headbang:

So with the work that is as advisories I was thinking of putting the car up for sale at £3750 ono without the hardtop and selling that separately.

It's a lovely car however just too small for me.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am

Might help to know how many owners are listed and what service history/other repair invoices you have with the car.

The MOT history could go two ways - my last car (not a Zed) always had an advisory of some sort at MOT the reason being that I did over 30K a year in it and problems developed quickly but were repaired as soon as they were identified and to be honest the MOT was a good check of the condition (albeit on that day). I sold it with 198K and a years test and a shed load of paperwork.

On face value yours has low mileage but with advisories that might indicate a culture (particularly if it has had as many owners as years of use - I once looked at a TR7 six years old with eleven owners!) of drive it and sell it rather than do any work on it. What have you got to convince a buyer otherwise? I get the impression that you have only had it a short while and to be honest a sale now for what ever reason starts alarm bells ringing as to why. Have you found an expensive problem?

There are still a good number of very well maintained and well loved Zeds for sale (many from forum members) where all the mileage low or high is good mileage - you car will be in competition with these.

That said it is getting closer to summer - prices will go up a little as sports cars are sold to people who want to drive them for a few months then pass them on - which sadly might be part of your cars past.

GLWTS

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am

As I have said i am not getting on with the low tide for a daily driver. It was an impulse buy thinking I would love a sports car when in fact it's not practical to live with for me.

The car has had 8 owners the last being since 2014. There is three stamps in the service book. Not much in the way of invoices from before apart from the work just carried out.

I will get a proper right up soon, as I am thinking about possibly keeping it for the weekends and buying a car for work.

Thanks for all your comments though.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:39 am

Carmad84 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 am
So with the work that is as advisories I was thinking of putting the car up for sale at £3750 ono without the hardtop and selling that separately.

It's a lovely car however just too small for me.
If it's now up-together I can't see you having much trouble selling at that price in to a spring market :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:05 pm

These are the advisories left on the car when it passed its MOT

front brake discs corroded This is getting better as used everyday now
Offside Front Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2) This still needs looking at
Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c) This still needs looking at

With the above noted I think that £3750 is a fair price and will sell the hardtop separately.

It is a shame as the car itself is lovely to drive I just cant get used to being so low, I am looking at either an X3 or 3 series.