Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Back again....

First port of call for new members
MichaelAC

Back again....

Post by MichaelAC » Sat May 06, 2017 10:59 am

Hi,

I was on here a little while ago getting some info on the 3.0 Z4 as I was looking to buy one at the time. I found this a great forum and everyone was so helpful. Anyway, it didn't quite happen then but I can't get away from the itch to get a Z4 so I'm back. The only thing slowing me down at the moment is that I need to sell my TT first otherwise I'll have three cars (not including the wife's) and that's just greedy (actually too expensive, I'd love to have hundreds!).

I'm looking forward to spending some time on here as I have done with the TT forum for the last 7 years of TT ownership, that's another great forum. I also have an R53 JCW but have to say the Mini forums just arn't as good for some reason.

Hopefully once I've had a Z4 for a bit I'll be able to help others out too. Are there many local events that members organise, I meet up about once a month at Goodwood cafe with some of the TT forum members on Sundays. If you have anything similar in the Sussex areas it would be a great opportunity for me to see a few Z4s and get to know more about them.
Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6 - Now looking to change to a 3.0 Z4

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Back again....

Post by buzyg » Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am

Welcome back to the forum. Z4 will be a big change to the TT. :driving: Happy hunting. :D

MichaelAC

Back again....

Post by MichaelAC » Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks buzyg,

yes, I'm expecting and looking for something different. My Mini JCW is like chalk and cheese to my TT as well and the Z4 will be different again. I like the direct and responsive steering of the Mini but it isn't great with laying it's power down and it understeers ultimately like the Audi. The TT has detached steering (not literally :D ) but amazing grip.

Essentially I want responsive and quick steering, good handling, quite fast and with good build quality. I also need to love it's looks and the Z4 fits all of these unless someone is here is going to tell me different.
Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6 - Now looking to change to a 3.0 Z4

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Back again....

Post by kis » Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 am

Hi and welcome!
Where abouts in Sussex are you?

There is the Zed fest event later this year, it's not exactly local but worth going, I think there will be many members from this forum (and others) present. Check out events section? :)
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

SonnyA85

Back again....

Post by SonnyA85 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 am

what model your looking for? e85 / e86 / e89?

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Back again....

Post by Chris_D » Tue May 09, 2017 10:56 am

I had a 3.2 TT with the auto box for a short while and while it had had the MCU issue addressed I was always fearful it could go wrong again. So I got rid. Was a lovely car though.
Welcome back!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.