Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another newbie from Wales

First port of call for new members
Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Mon May 15, 2017 4:57 pm

A quick query regarding insurance, I've had the car put on my other car insurance for a couple of weeks till II get sorted properly
I've had a hunt through the topics but keyword insurance brings up 18000 hits!
I've 8 years no claims on my present car but can't use this on the Zed, when I had my RX8 I cancelled my policy then renewed using the no claims on the RX8, I was thinking of doing the same with the Zed so queston is, does anyone have any recommendations of decent brokers?
I've seen the Chris Knott topic but he wants a year with a RWD car which I have but it was a couple of years ago

cheers in advance
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

George7

Post by George7 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Try compare the market, managed to get a deal with ensure on a multi car policy for just under £200 for the Z
George
X5 30i
530 GT
420 M Sport Plus Grand Coupe-hardon karmon,19" alloys, pro nav, sun roof
Z4 2.5 Roadster, cruise, xenons, sports suspension, red leather, heated seats, heated folding mirrors, aux fitted, 107s, roof motor in boot.

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Welcome to the forum op nice motor enjoy :driving:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Mon May 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Wafoo wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:57 pm A quick query regarding insurance, I've had the car put on my other car insurance for a couple of weeks till II get sorted properly
I've had a hunt through the topics but keyword insurance brings up 18000 hits!
I've 8 years no claims on my present car but can't use this on the Zed, when I had my RX8 I cancelled my policy then renewed using the no claims on the RX8, I was thinking of doing the same with the Zed so queston is, does anyone have any recommendations of decent brokers?
I've seen the Chris Knott topic but he wants a year with a RWD car which I have but it was a couple of years ago

cheers in advance
Give Admiral a ring, I find them good especially on multi car policies. :thumbsup:

jack07

Post by jack07 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:47 pm

welcome Wafoo,my son had a merlot zed,lovely colour,I'm at Skewen,help any way I can.Probs see you on the M4 :thumbsup:
:driving: :thumbsup: :) This is the car I've been waiting for http://s611.photobucket.com/user/markhorner100/albums

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi and welcome.

We like pics on here, so thank for that. We also like Merlot (Zeds and the liquid version), so lucky you!

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Ok got her back and what a struggle, preventative maintenance was obviously just a lot of syllables to the previous owner.
Plugged the reader in and there was a fistful of errors cleared most of them main ones left are cylinder 2 and 6 misfire so tomorrow will be spent swapping coils over to see if that helps, hopefully the fault will move,
But bodywork is pristine and interior just needs a good valet, so quietly pleased...
:D
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Had an afternoon on the Zed to try and sort the issues out...

Two new coils and a plug clean and she's running a dream 😆

Insurance is sorted through Brightside for £350

Need to replace the seats as the ones in it are the cloth ones and as my normal driving buddy is my Bull Terrier I really need the leather ones

Stereo is the original with the CD stack so really needs to go, any hints on upgrades are most welcome

The roof is a priority so that's planned in for next weekend, had a quick look before the downpour this afternoon and it does make an effort to move, it opens about a foot then stops.

Vey informative Forum this so looking forward to spending many a desperate hour trawling through :D

Nash3vans

Post by Nash3vans » Thu May 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome fellow merlot owner, best colour imo :D
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG (222.77 KiB) Viewed 606 times
2005 merlot 2.5 auto.313s.e46 m3 front brakes.Strut brace,poly bush’s front, m front bumper,modified grilles,bc racing coilovers,facelift lights all round,modified rear bumper,s/wheel retrimmed, Merc slk seats. scorpion exhaust, many interior mods.

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Their good tyres to keep it up there! :rofl:

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Is that for the Australian market?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. We do enjoy a fine wine. :D :thumbsup: