Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie etiquette

First port of call for new members
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie etiquette

Post by firebobby » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am

Is it just me or do other members feel that if your new to the forum, at least give some info on you and your car, some photos, car spec etc. Then jump in with the questions. The same goes for people coming here just to put their car up for sale, no involvement in the forum, just use it as a selling page. I find it quite rude really.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie etiquette

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:51 am

It's just outrageous isn't it Fred? I mean, one would think that newcomers would observe the common decency and proper protocol and basic courtesy with a considered introduction as one might expect. I mean, we all belong to a certain higher echelon of society and we follow by your example Fred! :lol:
I think you should write a stern letter to Points of View, The Daily Mail and your local MP in order to address this unacceptable situation...
:rofl:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie etiquette

Post by RickRob » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:55 am

I agree. A few words and pics about your Zed always brings something to the party.

The "joining the Forum to sell" debate polarises peoples' views. I am in the camp that says even if the seller is brand new to the Forum, then there is a benefit to an existing Forum member if they buy the car. Some people join the Forum to buy!

Other views will be expressed............
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Boris

Newbie etiquette

Post by Boris » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:00 am

We had exactly the same debate on a bike forum I have used for years.

In the end we had to realise different people want different things out of a forum.

Personally, I have made life long friends on forums and have been heavily involved, being a moderator, arranging Christmas weekend away etc but that's not for everyone; if we were all the same the world would be a boring place. :fuelfire:

ShaunKC

Newbie etiquette

Post by ShaunKC » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 pm

I joined the TT forum recently (thinking about one as a daily, now changed my mind). Before you could even view cars for sale you had to either post a number of times or buy a forum sticker for £5. I thought that was fair enough.

The forum isn't anywhere near as good as this one by the way!

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

Rusky

Newbie etiquette

Post by Rusky » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm

I think people would get more response if they took the time to atleast introduce themselves. :fuelfire: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

DMC63

Newbie etiquette

Post by DMC63 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:55 pm

I agree. Newbies should take the time to visit the household of every member and introduce themselves. Then, and only then should they be permitted to post in the forum. :rofl:
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold