Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First BMW

First port of call for new members
OntarioZed

First BMW

Post by OntarioZed » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 pm

After owning numerous other cars, including a couple of Porsches, and wanting a two seat roadster, I decided to buy a 2003 3.0i Z4. I test drove a '98 Boxster and a 2003 Z4 2.5, but decided on the 3.0.

Man, what a car! You can cruise in sixth all quiet and relaxed, but if needed you can awaken that gorgeous six and make it sing! I'd have to say it is probably one of the best cars I've driven.

The car is Merlot red with Oregon beige interior and black roof. It has 144,000 km, never winter driven, and always maintained by BMW. Having said that, I discovered a low coolant level the day after I brought it home and filled the expansion tank to the proper level. Went for a ride and when I returned home there was a puddle of antifreeze under the car. Installed a new expansion tank and cap the next day and all is well once again.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to the forum.

Cheers!
Last edited by OntarioZed on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Z4 3.0i, Non-sport suspension, Merlot metallic, Oregon leather.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

First BMW

Post by Marlon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Welcome to the forum - fine praise indeed, but have to agree the 3.0 inline straight six is joyous :driving:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

First BMW

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi and welcome OP.

Merlot with beige and a 3 litre - sounds like a great combination. :thumbsup:

Now all we need are some photos. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black