Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Almost a Z4M Roadster owner....

First port of call for new members
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Your new ///M looks a minter. :thumbsup: 167mph is my personal record roof down. Never tried driving fast with the roof up, what's the point in a roadster.

You are close with the 6/10th or 10/10th thing. though in my experience it's a little broader than that. But trying to push on at 8/10th doesn't work for me either. The car doesn't load up properly, so you either cruise, which it's very good at. Or go for it, at which point it's sublime and will spit you out, if your not on top of it. :driving: :D :thumbsup:
Plenty here have modded the suspension and brakes. Me I love em just as is. :wink:

On the seats, be sure to fiddle with the lip on the front of the seats, gives great support on longer journeys. I have my seat base tilted back as steep as it will go and the back almost vericle to make room for my long legs.

Enjoy. :D

Prestonese

Post by Prestonese » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 pm 330 miles covered in the Lakes this weekend in my 2006 80k Mroady & if there is a better car in its class for the money that offers so much id love to drive it :) this is my second & the magic is still strong .
Each & every drive is a thrill & never tire of the S54 noise as it builds in every gear ( add some BCS backboxes for the cream on the bun :evil: )
The grip in the bends just asks for pushing & the feel of the wheel couldn't be better .
Not sure id feel the same if it wasn't a weekend treat but it isn't so the pleasure is all ///Mine :D
Great cars & sure you will settle to it :thumbsup:
Great roads up there! My sister lives in Keswick and I used to cycle around the area. Did you go anywhere near Honister pass or the road leading to Alston to the Hartside cafe at the top? They serve great cakes there by the way.
2007 Z4M Roadster / Ruby black / Red Leather / No Mods

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Prestonese wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm
mr wilks wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 pm 330 miles covered in the Lakes this weekend in my 2006 80k Mroady & if there is a better car in its class for the money that offers so much id love to drive it :) this is my second & the magic is still strong .
Each & every drive is a thrill & never tire of the S54 noise as it builds in every gear ( add some BCS backboxes for the cream on the bun :evil: )
The grip in the bends just asks for pushing & the feel of the wheel couldn't be better .
Not sure id feel the same if it wasn't a weekend treat but it isn't so the pleasure is all ///Mine :D
Great roads up there! My sister lives in Keswick and I used to cycle around the area. Did you go anywhere near Honister pass or the road leading to Alston to the Hartside cafe at the top? They serve great cakes there by the way.
Yep did Honister (pic taken near the top / note the weather & roofdown E86ers :poke: :P ) also Wrynose & Hardknott which i wasn't impressed with :cry: yes stunning place & views but i wouldn't send a goat up there :D some of the steep twisties near the top were lethal :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Prestonese

Post by Prestonese » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 pm
Prestonese wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm
Yep did Honister (pic taken near the top / note the weather & roofdown E86ers :poke: :P ) also Wrynose & Hardknott which i wasn't impressed with :cry: yes stunning place & views but i wouldn't send a goat up there :D some of the steep twisties near the top were lethal :cry:
I agree. Wrynose, Honister and Hardknott are more suited to cyclists - though they aren't fun coming back down on a bike! They are really just single track roads - and not even as well laid as some of the single tracks on the North Coast 500. Kirkstone and Hartside are a bit more open and flowing and more suited for a "spirited" drive in my opinion. Great shot by the way. Love red sports cars and yours is really eye catching - in a good way!

JamesHan12

Post by JamesHan12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 am

Struggling to send you a pm in response to your message about the car. Please feel free to contact me directly - James 07765 000107

Prestonese

Post by Prestonese » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm

JamesHan12 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 amStruggling to send you a pm in response to your message about the car. Please feel free to contact me directly - James 07765 000107
sorry. only just saw this!