Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The right Z4 E89

First port of call for new members
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

The right Z4 E89

Post by ronk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:55 am

jabber wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 pm You should really try out an auto the box in my 2 series is fantastic and is by no means lazy unless of course you mean that your left leg isn't getting any exercise

If that's the same 'box that's in our 335xd then I would agree - it's a very quick change and i would say it's as good as the dct in the z4 - well, almost!
Although you'd be hard pushed to make any complaints.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

The right Z4 E89

Post by jabber » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:31 pm

ronk wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:55 am
jabber wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 pm You should really try out an auto the box in my 2 series is fantastic and is by no means lazy unless of course you mean that your left leg isn't getting any exercise

If that's the same 'box that's in our 335xd then I would agree - it's a very quick change and i would say it's as good as the dct in the z4 - well, almost!
Although you'd be hard pushed to make any complaints.
I assume it is 7 speed very smooth seamless changes
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

The right Z4 E89

Post by ronk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Yes - the changes aren't as quire as harsh in the torque converter box but they are fast and sharp - especially so in sport mode.

The biggest hoot you can have is to use the box in launch control mode - find a straight bit of traffic free road - set the system - then hang on.
A pal demonstrated this in his 330 xd an I've been in many fast cars in my life but this was scarey quick - one strong relentless push in the back - like a aeroplane take off.
Let the nay sayers of auto boxes beat that with their pudding stirrers :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: