Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best place for OEM parts - specifically rear springs

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
charlie8

Post by charlie8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Jacked up the car for a first look yesterday under the front and when about to push in axle stands there was a loud crack - which spooked me. Rear of car seemed to sit very high afterwards and make grinding noises when rocked.

Today I cleaned the drain plugs so at the rear side and see a clean brake on the rear spring base, so I guess the torque of hanging down finished it off.

I have done a quick scan and what does not jump out is the best place to order OEM parts so I can get a pair - recommended for sport options as mine is on an 07 plate

Seems easy enough job to do, so just need the trusted delivery of orig parts and best price

Can you recommend or do I just go to local dealer and push for best price ?

Thanks in advance .....
There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light .... except fear

charlie8

Post by charlie8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:07 am

No replies - but did a lot more forum scanning

Seems the Suplex is as good as OEM, so punted for a couple of these, Msport suspension should be part 6231

Found BuyCarSpares do these with good recommendations. Tried Amazon and slightly cheaper - they front the same company ~£92 with postage

Anyway hope they fit and this helps others as its quite buried in forum searches

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 am

You probably got no replies cause its posted in the newbie section :wink:
Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 am

I got my rear springs from suplex direct, I got mine overs 3 yrs ago they are still going strong
much better quality than oem in my opinion

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:34 pm

I've got a set of Suplex myself as well.. so far so good!
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

charlie8

Post by charlie8 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 pm

Actually the part number was 6230 contrary to what I had found on here, after a few email exchanges of my VIN and snapshots of their OEM cat part number to marry with the Suplex equiv, I was convinced

Anyway fitted both tonight after work in a very tight garage using my wife to stand on the hub where they both fitted in quite easily - she is only 8 stone so does not take much. I mounted the bottom first then slid in the top on the rubber seats. HAd a bit of a scare when I lowered it all down on the wheels as the arch gap look to high, then I released my brick chocks were well lodged from jacking up and handbrake tight on, so was lurching forward, releases hbrake and all sits down nicely.

Hope to test drive tomorrow. 2nd spring whilst not broken was horribly corroded so spring properties must have been all over the shop and why I hope this is the reason my tramline experience was not good at speed. Just ordered new tyres and the current fronts were on the limit and well bold on the insides and different makes to the rears.

Anyway an easy job really, once the scare of rounding the strut bolt is over and it starts to move - they are tight :cry: