Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4 Coupe Owner

First port of call for new members
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

New Z4 Coupe Owner

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:54 pm

atticus wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 pm the 3.0si is a nice engine, and with the M options inside the car, it's not so different from a Z4 M... For half the price here in France.
It's the same in the UK - 3.0Sis are about half the price of M Coupes (that's why mine is a 3.0Si). :(

But luckily both seem to be much cheaper in the UK than in France! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

atticus

New Z4 Coupe Owner

Post by atticus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 pm

20170418_103431.jpg
20170418_103431.jpg (395.47 KiB) Viewed 579 times
here is mine...

rally-chris

New Z4 Coupe Owner

Post by rally-chris » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm

A year on - time for some updates.

Earlier in the year I had most of the suspension consumables replaced, including oem spec Sachs dampers to replace the tired originals and new rear springs as a preventative measure. I had also accumulated the major coolant system parts for renewal (pump, tank, thermostat) but not made a start on replacing them.

After toying with selling the car over this summer after slipping a disc in my neck, I though it was time to get on and finish the jobs on the car I’d planned to do, either for my benefit as I recover, or to make the car as good as possible for a more determined effort to sell it next year.

When I got the car last summer I had the immediate paintwork issues sorted (front bumper and all over detail), but found a small area of corrosion on the rear NS quarter panel along the joint to the rear bumper. So after getting the water system parts fitted I booked the car into my local paint shop (BMR in Newbury) to have the wing investigated and partially repainted.

Before the car was due to go in to the shop, a set of used Montego Blue coupe body panels appeared on eBay so I bought the NS rear wing based on the photos that the seller provided that proved the panel was at least than free from corrosion in the area of my rust issue, hoping it might provide a simple bolt on fix if the paint match was good enough. However when the panel arrived it had some storage marks, including around the area of the aerial mounting hole - which gave me an idea.....

After discussion with the paint shop we decided to repair and paint the replacement panel off the car and then fit it to the car rather than tackle the rust on the existing panel. So.....I had them weld up the aerial hole at the same time, as I have a DAB head unit fitted and the aerial was not used anyway. Stubby or Whippy? Forget it!

I then booked the car back in to DMC to have the new paintwork ceramic coated as per the rest of the body that they did last year. In the meantime I picked up a set of used 224s from the forum and had them refurbished to go on the car in place of the TD Le Mans rims I've been running since taking the sad looking 108s off the car last summer.
E0CBEFCE-CE38-4D25-86F5-8EE92673250C.jpeg
E0CBEFCE-CE38-4D25-86F5-8EE92673250C.jpeg (457.25 KiB) Viewed 449 times
77C7EEF4-2029-40A3-A541-F785286DD1C4.jpeg
77C7EEF4-2029-40A3-A541-F785286DD1C4.jpeg (410.41 KiB) Viewed 449 times
Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

New Z4 Coupe Owner

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Your car looks fantastic Chris! :thumbsup:

I'll have to park away from you if we meet up again to hide my shame. :roll:

And you've definitely won the stubby v whippy debate - that is the ultimate solution.

I hope you are making a good recovery. :thumbsup: (I can't see you wanting to part with a car that looks that great).

Iain.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black