Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wellington, Shropshire

First port of call for new members
Davz

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by Davz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi All
Been an owner for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying the zed especially the sound of the straight 6 . I had been searching for an MX5 sport for a couple of months but had trouble finding a lowish mileage one in good nick and at the right price. So I eventually found a facelift 2006 2.5 SE 177bhp with 42k miles and a full bmw main dealer service history, it has been a bit of a garage queen and had not seen rain for 3yrs! In the first week I had to buy a new battery, so picked up a varta silver with a 5yr warranty for £85, so not too bad. The car has recently had new bmw pads and discs so I have painted the hubs and calipers to finish it off and also waterproofed the hood with Fabsil + made sure the drain holes were clear.

Loving the car except for the interior rattles and buzzing when the top is up. Managed to sort out most of them except the windscreen surround.......I have seen better quality plastics in toysrus, Audi quality it isn't!

I know there will be some on here thinking why not get the 3.0 sport or an Si or one with electric sports seats but I have done the really fast car bit in my 40's and not interested in looning around, the 2.5 has more than enough power for me. The sport suspension I avoided at all costs as I wanted to keep my spine in one piece and as for the sports seats, I found them a pita when getting in and out of the car.

The car is standard apart from being shod on non runflat falkens which I found to give a better ride in comparison to cars I tested with runflats and no tramlining too.
Attachments
DSC_0937.JPG
DSC_0937.JPG (284.13 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
DSC_0942.JPG
DSC_0942.JPG (144.17 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
DSC_0944.JPG
DSC_0944.JPG (151.14 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
DSC_0934.JPG
DSC_0934.JPG (194.79 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
DSC_0915.JPG
DSC_0915.JPG (185.62 KiB) Viewed 1309 times

BarryD

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by BarryD » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Looks great.
F54 MINI Clubman aka Daily Diesel
W208 Mercedes CLK rag top - winter smoker I just like too much to sell

Not an active user any more :)

BarryD

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by BarryD » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Looks great. Jealous, hopefully I shall get one soon.
F54 MINI Clubman aka Daily Diesel
W208 Mercedes CLK rag top - winter smoker I just like too much to sell

Not an active user any more :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Welcome to the forum OP - your car looks to be a stunner. :thumbsup:

The straight 6 soundtrack is one of the things I loved when I was looking - you can't get that in an MX5. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by buzyg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Welcome, that looks like a very tidy Zed. :thumbsup: I'm going to disagree on the seats though. The Zeds Sports seats are more comfy on a long run than the standard items. Much better support behind the knees. :wink: Enjoy your new steer it does look like a little minter you found.

TR4man

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by TR4man » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Looks a nice well cared for example.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Welcome- car looks great.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Leesfarm07

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by Leesfarm07 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 am

Welcome fellow Telfordian ...might see you about :thumbsup:
Current
2012 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG Sport auto in black
Westfield SE 1800 Zetec on twin 45's Aldon-Tuned pocket rocket in orange
Gone but not forgotten my lovely Zed 2.5

Davz

Wellington, Shropshire

Post by Davz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:36 am

Ta for the reply folks, I am mighty pleased with the zed,fingers crossed it is reliable.

Barry, no need to be jealous you just need to buy one and enjoy, make sure you get a straight six though, the sound is irresistible! Running costs are very reasonable, I have been getting 29 mpg knocking about town and a shade over 40mpg on a 38 mile fast country road commute, for the performance on offer I think that is excellent.

Leesfarm, not many Zeds around Telford, I have only seen one other, I'll keep a lookout for you and give you a wave! I almost bought a stirling grey one from Greencode on the forum, its a great colour with a black interior.

Buzyg, I just couldn't get on with sports seats, with the roof up it was so hard getting out of the car I knew the manageress would be having words with me if I got one with those seats! I also like the light coloured interior, with 2 other german cars in the household I was getting a bit fed up of nothing but black, a light coloured interior does make a very pleasant change.

Back to sorting out the windscreen surround and stop that creaking on a poor road surface....which is 90% of uk roads!
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.