Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Automatic gearbox advise

First port of call for new members
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 pm

One would think that when the E85 was originally released for sale, the clear repeaters probably didn't even exist, as they were brought in with the facelift. So, unless it can be shown that clear repeaters were an option BEFORE production of the facelift model started, then as stated by jamie_z4 it is a reliable way of distinguishing between the two, provided of course they have not been retrofitted, as in the case of both Jamie's and my own car...

Mike

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:52 pm

GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm have you got much experience of the UK market...
Have you?
Have you ever bought a z4 at the dealership with clear indicators and orange roudels?

Not quite sure what you're trying to say/achieve with your post.
I wish you'd stop editing your posts before giving people a chance to reply.

Isnt it obvious what im trying to say? You have Bugger all expereince of seeing z4s on the road in the UK or the ones for sale in the UK ? Is that not a fair assumption? Just a little snippet you read on the 'bmw parts catalogue' :roll: :wkr:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 pm
GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm have you got much experience of the UK market...
Have you?
Have you ever bought a z4 at the dealership with clear indicators and orange roudels?
No, but i've owned 7 Z4s now, ive been watching the market closely for the past 9 years and NEVER seen a z4 on sale with the clear items.

So yes, ive got plenty of experience, not like you bashing a keyboard a few thousand miles away.
Have you've ever seen a z4 camshaft in person?
I have.
That you've never seen it doesnt mean its not there. :) :wkr:
And where the hell do you think I'm bashing on my keyboard if I may ask?
Last edited by GuidoK on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm

GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm Have you've ever seen a z4 camshaft in person?
I have.
That you've never seen it doesnt mean its not there.
what the fook has a factual part of a z4 got to do with a discrepancy in indicator colour- your out of your mind, i think you need some help.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm
GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm Have you've ever seen a z4 camshaft in person?
I have.
That you've never seen it doesnt mean its not there.
what the fook has a factual part of a z4 got to do with a discrepancy in indicator colour- your out of your mind, i think you need some help.
:popcorn: :fuelfire:

Mike

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Wondermike said that you could get them....

You're just very upset that bmw contradicts with your initial statements.
And you havent answered my question: If you're under the impression that I'm thousends of miles away, where the hell do you think I am?
You seem to think you know a lot about me...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm

GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 pm Wondermike said that you could get them....

You're just very upset that bmw contradicts with your initial statements.
And you havent answered my question: If you're under the impression that I'm thousends of miles away, where the hell do you think I am?
You seem to think you know a lot about me...
again, another edit ? Are you that angry you cant just say what you want to first time? You arent in the UK are you? thats all that matters
18 Z4s owned to date.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 pm

So you still think both Wondermike and BMW are wrong?

Oh and let me edit: I'm not angry..

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:04 pm

GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 pm So you still think both Wondermike and BMW are wrong?

Oh and let me edit: I'm not angry..
Wonder mike said the REAR lights are clear - they are still PRE FACELIFT lights with CLEAR indicator sections - not FACELIFT lights - your clutching at straws. The fronts and sides would have still been amber
18 Z4s owned to date.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm

No he said pre facelift CLEARS.

And bmw's ETK says that clear indicators on both front and rear lights were available under option code S785A.
And those parts are NOT facelift parts (both not the rear lights and not the front lights).

So what you're saying is that bmw made parts that they never sold, where bmw says that they did.....
Right...

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23 pm

oh and would you look at that! Mikes handy link to the UK SPEC CARS

shows the OPTION of a clear rear light - not a STANDARD spec!!!

images/ext/2c2aa6f26ff5fce94a733ca6dec98b0a
18 Z4s owned to date.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Who said anything about a standard spec?

They're all options... Thats what I said in the fist place...

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

And if one had said at purchase that he/she'd like option code S785A he/she would have gotten clear indicators all around.
BMW made the parts for it, specific parts for the UK market, only fitting on pre-facelift cars. They're in the ETK.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:34 pm

GuidoK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm And if one had said at purchase that he/she'd like option code S785A he/she would have gotten clear indicators all around.
BMW made the parts for it, specific parts for the UK market, only fitting on pre-facelift cars. They're in the ETK.
you keep banging on about this ETK, if ive been checking the market religiously for years , and never seen ONE pre FL car with clear indicators, on a scale of probability there must have been next to none specced with that option , and using COMMON SENSE and his EYES (not some random computer based system that you keep mentioning) - the OP would be wise to think that if he saw orangne indicators, it'll have a 5 speed auto box not a six.
18 Z4s owned to date.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Yes I know,
Owning 7 z4's and strolling on ebay and autotrader means in your eyes that you've seen every z4 ever delivered in the UK. You've made your point.
And so in that regard you're saying that bmw made headlights with clear indicator lenses specifically for the uk (they're different than the mainland ones) specifically for the pre facelift models (they dont fit facelift ones), as these are listed in the ETK with option code and all ("this" ETK is the official parts supply list from bmw) and are for sale through their parts supply. They just never wanted to sell them....right...

Do you even know what ETK stands for?