Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

tighten handbrake

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

tighten handbrake

Post by paddy wright » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:41 am

how do u tighten handbrake-mines well slack!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

klarky

Re: tighten handbrake

Post by klarky » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:09 pm

please!!, i need to put mine as high as i can, then tug a little bit extra to make sure its on!

RichardG

Re: tighten handbrake

Post by RichardG » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Assuming it's not just a case of taking up the slack in the handbrake cable, then what you need to is
Jack up the car
Remove a bolt from both wheels
turn the wheel slowly, looking in the hole until you can see part no.3
Using a screwdriver turn the segmented part on part no.3 until you can longer turn the wheel by hand
Turn the segmented piece the opposite way 9 times to free off the wheel.
There are further instructions on the TIS but unless you are getting into the handbrake operation and forces applied at certain points in the handbrakes operation I'll not go there at the moment.

Hope this helps
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby