Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How-To requests go here

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
melbs

Re: How-To requests go here

Post by melbs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:21 am

How to remove interior overhead lights?

It seems that there are bugs stuck in the clear housing, I want to remove it, but somehow its not as easy to pry using a flat screw.

How do you remove it?

Medium Dave

Post by Medium Dave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 pm

How do you remove the mesh covers over the large speakers behind the seats (Carver set up)? I think they are the source of a few rattles and I want to refit them.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Medium Dave wrote:How do you remove the mesh covers over the large speakers behind the seats (Carver set up)? I think they are the source of a few rattles and I want to refit them.
This pic shows the clips (No 17) and how it goes together if that's any use http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=51&fg=50

Medium Dave

Post by Medium Dave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Thank you for such a quick answer.

Medium Dave

Post by Medium Dave » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:51 am

It's sorted!!! The dealer (not stealer in this case - they did it under warranty) rebuilt all the back trim using felt tape and the rattles and creaks have gone. The only one I am left with is a bit of a clicking sound only when the roof is down. Since the catch holding the roof down was also replaced, I can only assume that this is OK and the clicking noise is here to stay. To be honest, now that the creaks and rattles are gone, it's a different car and I can live with the clicking sound ..... just have to increase the engine noise to cover it!

stea2221

Post by stea2221 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:27 pm

I own a 03 roadster. I read in another forum of the GALA function in Z4 radio, which allow us to set the automatic high volume at high speed. Does anybody know about this function and how do we set it?

Thanks!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:51 pm

stea2221, have a look at this thread and see, I honestly can't remember how to do it now, but one of these methods will work for you :thumbsup:

stea2221

Post by stea2221 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

thanks wondermike..after several tries, managed to get it done!!!

flieger

Post by flieger » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:36 am

I just purchased CF front/rear emblems and can't figure out how to gain access to the one on the trunk/boot. What's the trick??
2003 Maldives Z4 3.0 fun car. Streamline Engineering C/F CAI, C/F Engine covers, Strut tower brace, Eisenmann Dual Oval Race Exhaust, Front Aero bumper, Hyper Black 18" Velocity Motoring CLS, Gap-Tech RCH+
X3 daily driver
Gulfstream 200 workplace.

Homes

Post by Homes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:02 pm

How are people putting some distance between the garage floor and the bottom of their vehicle ? (Aside from single or double post hydraulic lifts or other ways that are on the high side a $ 3-10k).

Ramps ?

I haven't tried, but I know that some of my jacks will not fit under there - or only would if the car were lifted some. (e.g. bottle jacks).

Then there are jack stands ...

As it sits there right now, I don't even know if my creeper would slide under it - without anyone on it, I mean.

Thanks for your profound wisdom and guidance.
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i (LHD) - under warranty
1999 Range Rover P38 - Bosch, NAS (LHD) - out of warranty

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:52 pm

flieger wrote:I just purchased CF front/rear emblems and can't figure out how to gain access to the one on the trunk/boot. What's the trick??
Send a PM to cj10jeeper he will know, as he changed his :thumbsup:

Homes

Post by Homes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Thanks.
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i (LHD) - under warranty
1999 Range Rover P38 - Bosch, NAS (LHD) - out of warranty

TZ4

Post by TZ4 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi all, i'm new to all this!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a detailed description with pics on how to:

Take silver panels apart in dash to be replaced by woody effect pieces. silver panels are, centre console, dash and little piece by the light switch.
Anyone have a how to take these bits apart?

Also

How to take door cards apart as my door speakers on both sides have packed up and need looking at.
Anyone have a how to remove door cards. Do the window switches and stuff just pop out or they held on with screw etc!

Thanks for any help guys :)

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 pm

TZ4 wrote:Hi all, i'm new to all this!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a detailed description with pics on how to:

Take silver panels apart in dash to be replaced by woody effect pieces. silver panels are, centre console, dash and little piece by the light switch.
Anyone have a how to take these bits apart?

Also

How to take door cards apart as my door speakers on both sides have packed up and need looking at.
Anyone have a how to remove door cards. Do the window switches and stuff just pop out or they held on with screw etc!

Thanks for any help guys :)
I dont know about the silver panels but I had the door cards off 2 weeks ago. There are the following screws to remove:

Behind the airbag logo
Behind the plastic circle on the inner door opener
2x underneath the silver door handle

Unfortunately once you have removed those then it is a bit of a brute force effort to pull it apart. It is just held on by clips so it does come off eventually.

The door unlock mechanism will fall down when you have the door off, but it's easy to put back in place before the door goes back on.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme