Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
m4rtyboy

Bluetooth

Post by m4rtyboy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:40 am

Hi all,

I have a 2008 Z4 with the standard radio. I want to install bluetooth into the car, has anyong found the best kit out there.

I would like to be able to use the steering wheel functions, mute music, have the microphone installed up by the courtesy light where it would have been installed. Dont want much i know!!

Seems as though the Parrot systems are the TomToms of the bluetooth market. I would also need someone to install this too.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated

thanks all

srhutch

Re: Bluetooth

Post by srhutch » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:14 pm

The parrot system is easy to install, no wires to cut if that's what you are worried about, just plug and play. You need a BMW interface @ £15.00

I guess you have researched this but using the Parrot MULTICAN with either Parrot CK3000 EVOLUTION & Parrot CK3100 LCD will intergrate with steering wheel controls

Broaders

Post by Broaders » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 pm

I am due to get my iO Play installed next weekend! Similar to a Parrot however you can stream music through it using bluetooth - Comes with a bluetooth adapter for my ipod!

I will get pics up and let everyone know what it is like once it is installed!

Richard
Z4 - gone but not forgotten!
M3 - Currently putting a wide smile on my face!

chariszzzz

Post by chariszzzz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:54 pm

srhutch wrote:You need a BMW interface @ £15.00
Do you have a part number for this item?

Does anybody have a write up for this installation?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Well you could fit the OEM kit. Buy a ULF module on Ebay and a harness from bimmernav. It should work on the standard radio even if you don't have the sat nav screen Of course that way integrates into the MFSW, radio, etc. It will take more time and effort but is of course without doubt the most integrated system and exaclty whatt I did on mine.

Incedentally BMW moved the microphone from by the light to the top of the steering column in the cowl for better sound reception.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:23 pm

The OEM solution without SAT is a pain in the arse which is why I wasnt worried about it. You can only navigate the phone book from A-Z or reverse, with OEM Nav it's a different story.

docwalker

Post by docwalker » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Folks

FYI new kit from parrot available from Parrot which allows the connection of an IPOD and apparently control with the MFSW (however I can't see the appropriate connector on the website :?

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands ... ot-mki9200

Can't comment if it's any good, as I haven't fitted mine yet.....

Hopefully will do so in the next week or two and I'll pop some pictures up when I do.

Cheers

Steve

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 pm

chariszzzz wrote:

Loom is not a BMW item can get from audio dealer or Fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Iso-Mute-Adap ... 240%3A1318

chariszzzz

Post by chariszzzz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:08 am

srhutch wrote:
chariszzzz wrote:

Loom is not a BMW item can get from audio dealer or Fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Iso-Mute-Adap ... 240%3A1318
Ohh i see! Thanks srhutch. So all i need to order is the parrot kit, the loom and then i am set?

Will the buttons on the steering wheel still work? will i be able to answer the phone from MFSW?

I am interested in installig this item so all you input is needed!

thanks again

m4rtyboy

Post by m4rtyboy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 pm

I have had a quote from somewhere called AVR Installations for a Parrot CK3100 + Multican. I wanted the sound to be played through the speakers but they have quoted me for an additional speaker. I questioned this and they have told me that 'The Z4 is one of the only cars that does not have the feature. On some occasions their may be an OEM solution we can wire on the day but this can not be guaranteed with the Z4'

I have no reason to doubt them but can that really be the case?

Has anyone else got this fitted?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:20 am

OK first point I have a LS3200 so dont use MFSW, but I am looking to change mine maybe to use this function. I do believe though you need to press a combindation of button, but this info is on the parrot site so you can check this yourself.

Second point, with the loom @ £15 this will utilise the stereo speakers and mute radio when making/receiving calls. No extra speaker is required. Cant see why this would be different for CK3100

jamesdean

Post by jamesdean » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Great thread, thanks all - this is actually exactly the reason I found this forum searching in Google ;)

I've got a standard Business stereo in an '07... absolutely need the ability to stream music from my phone (Nokia E71), but want something that's as discrete as possible. Sounds like @Broader's iO kit would do the trick - but the OEM solution sounds very tempting too!

Could anyone advise which would be the better (I don't want any extra LCDs, buttons, or pluggy type things that look out of place)

Cheers,

jd
Z4 2.0 SE '07

jamesdean

Post by jamesdean » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 am

Does anyone know if the OEM Blueooth kit supports A2DP for stereo music streaming?
Z4 2.0 SE '07

jhbuining

Post by jhbuining » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Only the new (E89) Z4 supports A2DP as an option.
It also supports USB sticks for MP3 playback.

The E85/E86 versions don't do A2DP and only play MP3's from CD.
There is OEM iPod support, but this doesn't show ID3 tags and is limited to 5 playlists.
BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe RubyBlack & Honda CB1300AS

bronze stallion

Re: Bluetooth & A2DP

Post by bronze stallion » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I've got the German BURY system for bluetooth & it works quite well on calls. My nokia e71 also has A2DP which the BURY requires. I can stop & start my music on my phone's mp3 playlist via the BURY controls. The problem i have though, is that no sound comes out of the car speakers. If I disconnect the bluetooth connection, the music sounds fine from the phone only. Reconnect to bluetooth and the sound stops!

I've been thro the BURY manual inside out but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

:? :?
Bronze Stallion