Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hardtop Storage

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
lamaman

Hardtop Storage

Post by lamaman » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Its almost time to be storing the new hardtop and since I have the BMW bag for it I am planning to hang it on the wall. However, the manual states a 100kg hook of some description but believe it or not Im striggling to find a wall fitted hook that can take the weight. Anyone done this already (in the UK) and can recommend somewhere where I might find one?

Cheers

Mark
58 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport, Space Grey, 108's, ZHP

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Hardtop Storage

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:23 pm

I know what you mean and in reality you'd have to fit some structure to the wall to take the load rather than attempting to do it with a single point fixing

I went for an easier option and drilled fight through the garage wall put a length of threaded bar through and a washer and nut on the outside. Fastened a similar washer and nut inside and left 2" of bar protruding. That has a third washer and nut and the roof hangs there real easy. I keep it there until I get time to take it elsewhere for longer term storage.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills