Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hartge Front Splitter Fitting

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
BigChewy71

Hartge Front Splitter Fitting

Post by BigChewy71 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi folks,

Just a quick question if anyone has any experience fitting a Hartge front spoiler/splitter to a pre-facelift bumper? Looks like I may be getting one cheap and would like to decide if I'm going to get it painted and fit myself or pay the bodyshop to fit it. Any pointers or advice would be most welcome!

Cheers,
C.
Z4 3.0 SE Titanium silver PDC E/M Heated Oregon Leather Type 108's Xenons Carver Cupholders Wind Deflector and a stubby!

AznVaLLi

Re: Hartge Front Splitter Fitting

Post by AznVaLLi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:42 am

i got mine done in the shop.....the fitting is alrite, not too good, not too bad....
19" Hartge/Hartge Front Lip/Aerodynamic Side Skirt&Rear Apron/Hard Top/Remus Exhaust/RPI Air Scoop/Eibach Springs&camber kit/Bavarian Autosport High Performance Ignition Coils

TZ4

Post by TZ4 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Where are you purchasing the Front lip from matey?
I was looking into this as well but not sure where to get it from?

BigChewy71

Post by BigChewy71 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:17 pm

I got it off e-bay, not genuine hartge it's a fibreglass copy and once I got it the extent of the scuffs and crack put me off fitting it. I initially wanted it to cover a scuff on the front bumper, but someone kindly rear ended me so insurance replaced the front bumper as it got damaged also! So...... still have it kicking around with no intention of fitting it, your's for free if you want to repair/take a mould etc, if you're willing to collect. Otherwise check out www.bmwmstyle.co.uk they supply paint and fit aftermarket kits.
C.
Z4 3.0 SE Titanium silver PDC E/M Heated Oregon Leather Type 108's Xenons Carver Cupholders Wind Deflector and a stubby!

TZ4

Post by TZ4 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:37 pm

OMG Cant believe bmwstyle want nearly £700 for a Hartge front splitter, they having a laugh or what?

easty027

Post by easty027 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:21 pm

TZ4 wrote:OMG Cant believe bmwstyle want nearly £700 for a Hartge front splitter, they having a laugh or what?
I think all their prices are a joke to be honest, at least dick-turpin wore a mask! ..........i am still waiting a reponse from a product query i sent about 2 weeks ago as well ?....are they always useless ?

TZ4

Post by TZ4 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Found it cheaper somewhere else now ;)

£560 :)