Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

***Completed*** Scorpion Exhausts - E85/86 - 2.5si and 3.0si Exhaust System Development!

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
9designs

***Completed*** Scorpion Exhausts - E85/86 - 2.5si and 3.0si Exhaust System Development!

Post by 9designs » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Cost was bit tongue in cheek, looking around as I've started to costs are all over the place... bit of mine field trying to work out what's good and what's not.... Some around 1.5-2K it seems :o .... on a 5K car... never worth it.
Nothing on their website yet....... Hopefully an option for me as I like how you specified the noise requirements, spot on.
57 Plate 3.0 Si Auto SilverGrey - Red Leather
E89 35iS Space Grey - Red Leather. SOLD
56 Plate 3.0 SI Manual - Black with Red Leather- Scorpion exhaust, BC coil overs SOLD
54 Plate 3.0 SE Auto - Silver with Red Leather. SOLD

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:59 pm

:) No problem at all.

As soon as I know, Everyone on here will know.

Zeddicus

Post by Zeddicus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Al, I read you were very happy with the result, however and if you find the time, could you elaborate a little bit more your feelings - once you get to perform a few more test drives? :)
Sorry for being a little bit pushy, I just can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you as you have now to wait for MOT !
keep us tuned please :D
Z4 3.0si Coupe 2007 - Sapphire Black

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 am

MOT passed yesterday. :)
Totally love the exhaust. When holding a constant speed just off the throttle it's literally no louder than standard.
It has a wonderful deep tone at the lower end of the rev range.

On 'sporting' drives, it give the 6-Cylinder engine a much more characterful sound than standard, although not so loud as to make you look silly or draw too much unwanted attention.

I had the car up on the ramp to have a look at it in person the other day and the technicians who were in at the time complimented the system on how nicely designed it looks!

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Had another business meeting with the guys from Scorpion Exhausts today and was given the good news that the prices have been finalized.
With any luck, I should have them up here for you guys tomorrow.

With regards to a 'Group Buy' as such, I won't be allowed to post any discounted prices on the forum for public viewing, However I will be able to give people the price in person, just as long as it's kept to yourself as we're only allowed to advertise specific pricing on Scorpion Exhaust systems (To make it fair for the other dealers).

So providing everyone keeps things to themselves, I will be able to offer 'Forum Friend' specific deals and look after you all on price, and all sales will need to come directly through myself.

Worth noting with this as well, I can ship pretty much anywhere in the world, So if you've got a friend in Spain who wants one, or a Brother in Japan, Just shout me and I'll work out a shipped price!

Thanks for reading and your continued support :thumbsup:

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Exciting but we need to hear some more detailed audio/video to gauge what's on offer. I like the idea of a more exotic sound but I do take the car on long motorway drives so it needs to be barely louder than stock.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

Zeddicus

Post by Zeddicus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Good news! About price and shipping :)
Thanks again for all your efforts you put in there. Not only for the potential forum's members discount, but for providing the z4 community with a new toy!! :driving:
Btw, any report from last sunday meeting?
Z4 3.0si Coupe 2007 - Sapphire Black

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Steve84N wrote:Exciting but we need to hear some more detailed audio/video to gauge what's on offer.
As much as I'd really like to help on that, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

However - I'm open to offers if anyone
A) wants to come visit for a brew with some decent audio recording equipment
B) Send me some decent audio recording equipment that I can send back
C) Buy me... lol you get the picture.

All I have for Video / Audio is my iPhone 6S and to be completely honest, The microphone misses out pretty much anything below 80hz.
Steve84N wrote:I like the idea of a more exotic sound but I do take the car on long motorway drives so it needs to be barely louder than stock.
With you every step of the way on that. There has actually been moments on the By-Pass (because you can't do 70mph on Motorways around here anymore... ) where I've actually been quite impressed how quiet they've managed to make it when pottering around at medium/low revs.

I take it you're nowhere near Manchester at all?
Zeddicus wrote:Good news! About price and shipping :)
Thanks again for all your efforts you put in there. Not only for the potential forum's members discount, but for providing the z4 community with a new toy!! :driving:
Btw, any report from last sunday meeting?
'fraid not. My work commitments got in the way. As well as going to a funeral I worked 93 hours last week...

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 pm

So I guess we're looking at between £500 and £1000? If so, I'm out!

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Gloucestershire unfortunately. There's plenty of more northern members on here though so hopefully someone can help.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Steve84N wrote:Gloucestershire unfortunately. There's plenty of more northern members on here though so hopefully someone can help.
Fingers firmly crossed Steve! :thumbsup:

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Armed with a phone you could try and get some decibel readings, mainly in the car at various speeds. The tone sounds decent in the short clip you posted, does it have any resemblance of metallic rasp like an S54?
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

9designs

Post by 9designs » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Any more info on model compatibility ? 2003 onwards?
56 Plate 3.0 SI Manual - Black with Red Leather- Scorpion exhaust, BC coil overs SOLD

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Steve84N wrote:Armed with a phone you could try and get some decibel readings, mainly in the car at various speeds. The tone sounds decent in the short clip you posted, does it have any resemblance of metallic rasp like an S54?
It's a Different than the typical S54 rasp to be fair, a bit more refined, less 'rip your face off'
9designs wrote:Any more info on model compatibility ? 2003 onwards?
I could do with putting a 3.0i next to mine on a ramp to measure differences, but as of yet, no confirmation.

9designs

Post by 9designs » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Well I'm near Rugby... So perhaps possible if needed :D