Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another 42% off at gsf car parts this weekend

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Another 42% off at gsf car parts this weekend

Post by markplant » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:24 am

Code
FEB42
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

kammy1975

Re: Another 42% off at gsf car parts this weekend

Post by kammy1975 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:59 pm

markplant wrote:Code
FEB42
Bingo !

No excuse not to order the oil and air filters now ! They have the NGK Iridium Spark plugs, but are hugely overpriced...

Shame they don't do any decent oil...

Thanks for the heads up !
Kam

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Sounds great.

Just make sure you have a reference price from last week or another site, as I've found some prices are now 50% more than they were last week - or 50% more than you can buy them elsewhere.

e.g. (for the Alfa)
  • 5 litres of Mobil 1 0w-40 New Life is about £35 from OpieOils, yet GSF want £86
  • a pair of front Brembo brake discs I was looking at last week are now £60 vs the £40 they were
  • Bosch S4 battery was £70 last week, now £170
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

kammy1975

Post by kammy1975 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:37 pm

mmm-five wrote:Sounds great.

Just make sure you have a reference price from last week or another site, as I've found some prices are now 50% more than they were last week - or 50% more than you can buy them elsewhere.

e.g. (for the Alfa) 5 litres of Mobil 1 0w-40 New Life is about £35 from OpieOils, yet GSF want £86, and a pair of front Brembo brake discs I was looking at last week are now £60 vs the £40 they were.
I had noticed the price hike too ! But with the 42% it works out better than their "normal" price, and better than their own ebay prices !

And beats Eurocarparts prices so its a win win !

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks for the advice hadn't been looking at there prices just post the code from a email I get sent
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:24 pm

markplant wrote:Thanks for the advice hadn't been looking at there prices just post the code from a email I get sent
It's still worth a look, as sometimes there's the odd item that doesn't get ramped up - and I have taken advantage of some of the codes in the past :thumbsup:

Just done a comparison on ECP, GSF and CP4L and after all discounts are applied there's about £8 in it for Pagid pads front & rear, and Pagid front discs.

After my 15% Quidco discount on ECP (or 10% on CP4L) the ECP price is about £10 better than GSF, and £5 better than CP4L.

Only issue I found with the GSF price is that it doesn't actually state that the make of the 'premium' discs & pads - but they were about the same price as the Pagids, so a fair comparison.

So front discs and front/rear pads for my Alfa all for £92 - or about £500 less than it would cost for the Z4M :P
Trigger’s Z4MC

kammy1975

Post by kammy1975 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:35 pm

mmm-five wrote:
markplant wrote:Thanks for the advice hadn't been looking at there prices just post the code from a email I get sent
It's still worth a look, as sometimes there's the odd item that doesn't get ramped up - and I have taken advantage of some of the codes in the past :thumbsup:

Just done a comparison on ECP, GSF and CP4L and after all discounts are applied there's about £8 in it for Pagid pads front & rear, and Pagid front discs.

After my 15% Quidco discount on ECP (or 10% on CP4L) the ECP price is about £10 better than GSF, and £5 better than CP4L.

Only issue I found with the GSF price is that it doesn't actually state that the make of the 'premium' discs & pads - but they were about the same price as the Pagids, so a fair comparison.

So front discs and front/rear pads for my Alfa all for £92 - or about £500 less than it would cost for the Z4M :P
My Quidco states 5% for ECP and CP4L... How do you get 15% and 10% respectively ?

I did the maths also for the oil filter, air filter, and carbon cabin filter (all Mann filters) from GSF and they were cheapest with the 42% discount. Picked them up yesterday, a measly £29. Happy as larry !

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Savings must be going down day by day, as my Quidco shows 15% for the first lot, then 10% for the next lot.

Trigger’s Z4MC

kammy1975

Post by kammy1975 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:06 am

Another discount code for GSF, for this weekend only, except its 40% this time ! Enjoy

CODE - WEB40

Kam