North East Meet?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
User avatar
earthdweller
Member
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 pm

North East Meet?

Post by earthdweller » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 am

I’d certainly be up for a “two dayer”

With a central start point for both days
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather,

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7989
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

North East Meet?

Post by ronk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Please keep me in the loop for when the sun pops out again :thumbsup:
One or two days would depend on the locations for an overnighter for us.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7989
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

North East Meet?

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 am

Eddy Matthews wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am
patriot66 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 pm
I like Eddys idea of driving the Y.Dales one day and the N.Y.Moors the following day or vice versa with a nice B+B stop-over in between. People can then choose to drive one day, the other or both as they like. How about referring to this as the 'Dales & Moors' Weekend ?
Calling it the "Dales and Moors" weekend sounds like a very appropriate name to me!

Maybe a stop-over in Thirsk (James Herriot country) would be fairly central for those wishing to do both days? I would only say that booking up a B&B would be down to the individual concerned as I wouldn't want to get involved with that side of things - I've had experience before of booking accomodation for people only to find they don't turn up, causing all sorts of problems!

Regards
Eddy
I agree with that - but if you choose an appropriate Hotel ask them to reserve X rooms and give the interested parties a drop dead booking date! (Directly with the hotel)
It’s often good to be billeted with the rest of the group that you’ve travelled with during the day for dinner and drinks.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
jamesditchy
Member
Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Liverpool

North East Meet?

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 am

Myself and the wife would be up for this. It's beautiful driving up over the moors and North East coast :driving:
Image

User avatar
patriot66
Member
Member
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

North East Meet?

Post by patriot66 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 pm

jamesditchy wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 am
Myself and the wife would be up for this. It's beautiful driving up over the moors and North East coast :driving:
:thumbsup:
2003 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / S.M.G / Gloss Black MV3s / M-sport Suspension / Sterling Grey Hardtop
Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / De-Gingered All-round !

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Location: Ayrshire,Scotland

North East Meet?

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Eddy Matthews wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am
patriot66 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 pm
I like Eddys idea of driving the Y.Dales one day and the N.Y.Moors the following day or vice versa with a nice B+B stop-over in between. People can then choose to drive one day, the other or both as they like. How about referring to this as the 'Dales & Moors' Weekend ?
Calling it the "Dales and Moors" weekend sounds like a very appropriate name to me!

Maybe a stop-over in Thirsk (James Herriot country) would be fairly central for those wishing to do both days? I would only say that booking up a B&B would be down to the individual concerned as I wouldn't want to get involved with that side of things - I've had experience before of booking accomodation for people only to find they don't turn up, causing all sorts of problems!

Regards
Eddy
If you are wanting to do Yorkshire dales etc,around May or June,then the National,Lakes and Dales meet at end June/early July might be of interest to you??
It's on at Friday 29/Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July.
We do the Yorkshire Dales on the Sunday usually,with the lake District on the Saturday.

More info on the thread for it.
Though there are plenty good roads round there ,so you could do both :D
A nice part of the country :D
Image
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

User avatar
Chezsherman
Member
Member
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:19 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

North East Meet?

Post by Chezsherman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Haven't been on the forum for like forever...... Wet it's been a couple of month. And I've missed out on a few things this year due to other commitments (apologies Craig) :oops: but I could be up for a meet and drive out date depending. Will try and keep an eye on this thread.

Craig
Previous car Bmw z4 2.0i sport 07 plate, sapphire black, M sport interior. now with Gaptech RCH+ module, MTec drilled and grooved disks, MV1 alloys in a dark chrome finish.
Current car E89 2014 20i sdrive msport with idrive.

User avatar
Pbondar
Member
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Location: Scottish Borders

North East Meet?

Post by Pbondar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:13 pm

ronk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 am
Eddy Matthews wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am
patriot66 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 pm
I like Eddys idea of driving the Y.Dales one day and the N.Y.Moors the following day or vice versa with a nice B+B stop-over in between. People can then choose to drive one day, the other or both as they like. How about referring to this as the 'Dales & Moors' Weekend ?
Calling it the "Dales and Moors" weekend sounds like a very appropriate name to me!

Maybe a stop-over in Thirsk (James Herriot country) would be fairly central for those wishing to do both days? I would only say that booking up a B&B would be down to the individual concerned as I wouldn't want to get involved with that side of things - I've had experience before of booking accomodation for people only to find they don't turn up, causing all sorts of problems!

Regards
Eddy
I agree with that - but if you choose an appropriate Hotel ask them to reserve X rooms and give the interested parties a drop dead booking date! (Directly with the hotel)
It’s often good to be billeted with the rest of the group that you’ve travelled with during the day for dinner and drinks.
We lived in the Thirsk area for over 12 years till 2013..we would look forward to a weekend based out of there, the new Premier Inn at Thirsk offers enough capacity to host a Z4 bash.. :thumbsup:

Please come up with some dates and I will work the Scottish Borders weekend bash around it, I;m thinking of using the English August Bank Holiday weekend for that, as strangely, the roads are fairly quiet in the Borders on that long weekend.. :driving:

RSVP

Peter
2012 MY E89 2.0i (Atacama Yellow, 17" ProRace 1.2 Wheels, rear spoiler, remapped to 280BHP, LCI side repeaters, rear/side badge delete)
https://vgy.me/O38FpW.jpg

User avatar
patriot66
Member
Member
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

North East Meet?

Post by patriot66 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi Peter. I agree, Thirsk would be a great location. Central between the Dales and Moors and also near A1M :thumbsup:
The Border Reivers Run at August Bank Holiday would work for me also. Looking forward to it whenever :driving: :D
2003 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / S.M.G / Gloss Black MV3s / M-sport Suspension / Sterling Grey Hardtop
Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / De-Gingered All-round !

User avatar
Pbondar
Member
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Location: Scottish Borders

North East Meet?

Post by Pbondar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:43 pm

patriot66 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm
Hi Peter. I agree, Thirsk would be a great location. Central between the Dales and Moors and also near A1M :thumbsup:
The Border Reivers Run at August Bank Holiday would work for me also. Looking forward to it whenever :driving: :D
To quote Jean Luc Pickard “ make it so”

Standing by for the north east chapter to make their decision!
2012 MY E89 2.0i (Atacama Yellow, 17" ProRace 1.2 Wheels, rear spoiler, remapped to 280BHP, LCI side repeaters, rear/side badge delete)
https://vgy.me/O38FpW.jpg

User avatar
Dave1971
Member
Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:20 pm

North East Meet?

Post by Dave1971 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am

As we’re just up the road from Thirsk we’d probably make at least one of the runs.
Gone but not forgotten 2004 Z4 2.2 se.
Sold (sadly) 2007 Imola Red Z4MR.
Gone to a new home 2006 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster.
Now 2009 35i sDrive

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Location: Ayrshire,Scotland

North East Meet?

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Pbondar wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:43 pm
patriot66 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm
Hi Peter. I agree, Thirsk would be a great location. Central between the Dales and Moors and also near A1M :thumbsup:
The Border Reivers Run at August Bank Holiday would work for me also. Looking forward to it whenever :driving: :D
To quote Jean Luc Pickard “ make it so”

Standing by for the north east chapter to make their decision!
North East chapter......I am in the West,Peter,lol
As said,I am working on various meets for next year already,and have several things in the process.
Never been pressured before to get meets out this far in advance,haha.

Will hopefully have dates sorted soon,as off work having been in a bad accident,so have damaged neck,chest,ribs and back to heal,so will get onto this asap :thumbsup: :driving:
Image
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

User avatar
Pbondar
Member
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Location: Scottish Borders

North East Meet?

Post by Pbondar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:46 pm

craig3.2 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm
Pbondar wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:43 pm
patriot66 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm
Hi Peter. I agree, Thirsk would be a great location. Central between the Dales and Moors and also near A1M :thumbsup:
The Border Reivers Run at August Bank Holiday would work for me also. Looking forward to it whenever :driving: :D
To quote Jean Luc Pickard “ make it so”

Standing by for the north east chapter to make their decision!
North East chapter......I am in the West,Peter,lol
As said,I am working on various meets for next year already,and have several things in the process.
Never been pressured before to get meets out this far in advance,haha.

Will hopefully have dates sorted soon,as off work having been in a bad accident,so have damaged neck,chest,ribs and back to heal,so will get onto this asap :thumbsup: :driving:
Hi Craig, I think you sped read the posts..I was asking the guys from down sarf to confirm if and when they were going to do a two day bash around Thirsk area...

Sorry to hear about your accident sounds bad..

We (Mo and I) are trying to get several things booked for next year, already I will not able to make the Zed fest because of diary clashes...so keen to put things as I said in the diary, also as previously stated a lot of accomodation is dissappearing fast so keen to make sure people can book themslves in..

Its not a question of pressure but depending on where you live and with lots of other variables we can't (IMHO) second guess what take up rates and overlaps may make..

If I look at the runs I've seen we 've gone from 18 ish to 6 ish with no logic in terms of notice/timing..

So (IMHO) the sooner there is some stakes in the ground the better at least for one group of people..

I enjoy the drives but I have to fit it in with other things, if I can get my dairy entries in then it works otherwise I'll find I'll miss out...

I suggest we de-couple most of the runs from whatever the "north east" guys want to do and also from my view I'm happy to put a two day Border run in at the end of August..

Personally I could do a run every two or three weeks so there is pelnty of room between April and September to slot in a few?

RSVP
2012 MY E89 2.0i (Atacama Yellow, 17" ProRace 1.2 Wheels, rear spoiler, remapped to 280BHP, LCI side repeaters, rear/side badge delete)
https://vgy.me/O38FpW.jpg

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Location: Ayrshire,Scotland

North East Meet?

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm

To quote Jean Luc Pickard “ make it so”

Standing by for the north east chapter to make their decision!
[/quote]

North East chapter......I am in the West,Peter,lol
As said,I am working on various meets for next year already,and have several things in the process.
Never been pressured before to get meets out this far in advance,haha.

Will hopefully have dates sorted soon,as off work having been in a bad accident,so have damaged neck,chest,ribs and back to heal,so will get onto this asap :thumbsup: :driving:
[/quote]
Hi Craig, I think you sped read the posts..I was asking the guys from down sarf to confirm if and when they were going to do a two day bash around Thirsk area...

Sorry to hear about your accident sounds bad..

We (Mo and I) are trying to get several things booked for next year, already I will not able to make the Zed fest because of diary clashes...so keen to put things as I said in the diary, also as previously stated a lot of accomodation is dissappearing fast so keen to make sure people can book themslves in..

Its not a question of pressure but depending on where you live and with lots of other variables we can't (IMHO) second guess what take up rates and overlaps may make..

If I look at the runs I've seen we 've gone from 18 ish to 6 ish with no logic in terms of notice/timing..

So (IMHO) the sooner there is some stakes in the ground the better at least for one group of people..

I enjoy the drives but I have to fit it in with other things, if I can get my dairy entries in then it works otherwise I'll find I'll miss out...

I suggest we de-couple most of the runs from whatever the "north east" guys want to do and also from my view I'm happy to put a two day Border run in at the end of August..

Personally I could do a run every two or three weeks so there is pelnty of room between April and September to slot in a few?

RSVP
[/quote]

As you say,Peter,we all have alot of variables to consider....as I have said ,there are more than just those forum members who are posting regularly,or who are fairly new to the forum....there are quite a few members who don't post alot,but who enjoy coming to the meets/Scottish meets.
I will be posting info up on Scottish meets in the coming week,or two,after Monday is out the way,I will be getting stuff firmed up.
Have already done so for the National meet,and have various things to sort for the rest of next years Runs.

I have previously mentioned that I was planning a meet in August,for Skye or Applecross areas,and then you mentioned at wanting to do a meet in August too.
Although,now looking at moving plans for August into May,to accommodate everyone/everything :thumbsup:

Myself and others are trying to avoid having two meets in the one month,and also having too many meets in the one area,hence why I may now drop my proposed Moffat/Dunn's meet next year,otherwise we will end up with 3/4 meets in the one area.
We try and have them in various areas round the country,for various reasons.

Give me a couple more weeks and I can get things finalised.

I will post in due course the Plans for next year's Scottish meets,as I said.
As for getting meets out early,and numbers attending.....Rich had his October meet last year having 10/12 cars with only about 7months notice...this year's Run was posted nearly a full year in Advance,and there were only 5/6 of us,so doesn't always help,lol.
Weather etc is often more of a factor :thumbsup:
Last edited by craig3.2 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7989
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

North East Meet?

Post by ronk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

craig3.2 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm
- in a bad accident,so have damaged neck,chest,ribs and back to heal,so will get onto this asap
Hope you mend soon :thumbsup:
Was this a work or motoring incident?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests