Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North West Surrey Meet on a Sunday in October?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 am

So first off I would like to thank Vince for initiating the monthly meet-ups at Newlands Corner but they seem to have run their course, sadly. :(

In part because it is/was (not sure which) destined to become a pay to park venue (even though it is in the middle of nowhere)! :roll:

Anyway yesterday I paid a visit to the Ockham Bites Café just off the junction of the M25/A3 and thought it might be a good venue for a meet - and the Surrey Advertiser of 7 July 2017 reporting it as having the Best Bacon Butties in Surrey may have been an influence too! :lol:

Given it's location it is easily accessible (other routes are available) so I was just wondering if any other members would be interested in meeting up there in October?

Newlands Corner meets used to be on the 3rd Sunday of the month, but any Sunday ought to work!

I was thinking of a start time of 09.30 (although the café opens at 08.00, even on Sundays) :o

I don't have the ability to create a poll (tech numpty) but I would appreciate any feedback people may have on:-

1) Venue
2) Preferred date(s)
3) Start time
4) Anything I have missed. :lol:

Quick link here:-

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Ockh ... 8&v=2&sV=1
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:07 am

Maybe a blast around local roads first? If not, I'm sure I'll be along to sample the sarnies if not working :thumbsup:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

I'd be well up for this, the newlands corner meet used to clash with a local meet I went to, there's a lot of meets on the 3rd Sunday of the month, but count me in anyway. Not many meets in the colder months for us hardcore year round zedders!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm up for this.

I was picky I'd prefer a 09:00 start, after which the lycra-clad mobile chicanes are out and about!

If the first meet was on either the 8th or 15th of October I would have to pass as I'll be on hols.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. :thumbsup:

What I did forget is that I will be away on the 1st. :oops:

Anyway based on the feedback above I'll post it as being an 09.00 start on 22 October!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black