Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Donington Historic Festival on May 3rd, 4th and 5th

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Derby Z4

Donington Historic Festival on May 3rd, 4th and 5th

Post by Derby Z4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi,I've just found this event and it looks like it could be a good day or weekend out.Seeing classic sports cars from yester-year and breath in the smell,sound and atmosphere of what you won't see every day.
I might give this a go.I know Goodwood do something similar,but costs more.There is also racing on the track.
Here is some of the info;

On May 3rd, 4th and 5th, the Donington Park circuit will be packed with the unforgettable sights, sounds and smells that you only find at the very best international historic race meetings. Some 400 rare historic race cars of all shapes and sizes - from pre-War Grand Prix machines and glamorous 1950s and '60s sportscars, to single-seaters, Touring Cars and mighty Group C beasts - will gather together for the motorsport spectacular that is the Donington Historic Festival.
And there's much, much more, including live action displays from Rallying with Group B and the Historic Rally Car Register, and a memorable tribute to Ayron Senna, celebrating the legendary triple World Champion whose first-ever experience behind the wheel of an F1 car was at Donington Park. Add displays from dozens of classic car clubs, and an open paddock where you can really get up close to all that lovely metal, and you have a weekend you really shouldn't miss!

Link:http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

saskia

Re: Donington Historic Festival on May 3rd, 4th and 5th

Post by saskia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 pm

I went last year and its very very good , some stunning machinery to see in the paddock being worked on and being raced , eg 30's Aston's and Alfas as well as bentleys , pre war and post war up to 70's at least , you will not be disapointed , bought a 2-1 ticket for £20 !!!!