Spokey's Guide to Cruise Etiquette

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
sk93
Lifer
Lifer
X-Box live gamer tag: sk93

Re: Spokey's Guide to Cruise Etiquette

Post by sk93 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 pm

this post should be stickied.... so many people don't even know it exists.
:zzzz:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 pm

sk93 wrote:this post should be stickied.... so many people don't even know it exists.
I just made it a sticky again as I'm pretty sure it was before at one time.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

sk93
Lifer
Lifer
X-Box live gamer tag: sk93

Post by sk93 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:52 pm

WLH wrote:
sk93 wrote:this post should be stickied.... so many people don't even know it exists.
I just made it a sticky again as I'm pretty sure it was before at one time.
bestest mod ever :thumbsup:
:zzzz:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Great work Spokey :thumbsup:

A few points from the experience we've had on our organised forum runs based in Newcastle:

I'm surprised that you've stated that hand-outs are unlikely to be provided on a day run? Every Forum run I've attended have had some and as a result Steph and I provide handouts with basic important information e.g. our mobile number in large script, and an outline of the route with major turns and junctions indicated including where the major stopping points are for coffee and lunch. Our recce of routes provides a chance to see where problems might occur and this helps in putting these documents together. I guess it's best if they are not needed but where groups do get separated they can make a big difference.

We also give a briefing at the start of our runs - highlighting arrangements and particular issues to watch for on the run (all get to ask questions as well as contribute to this). All drivers are expected at the briefing before the run starts - Even though it might be repetitive for some of our regular attenders I feel it's vital for all, especially newbies.

It's worth including a request that those who can't make the run or are likely to be late, contact the run organiser so as to save them waiting at the start. (A text will do). Similarly it's important they let the organiser know if they are leaving early.

A road map (regularly discounted at Supermarkets) is useful to have on a run - satnavs sometimes let you down

:driving: :thumbsup:
Imola Red/Imola Red ///M (Ultimate fun), replaced 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black (Serious fun) replaced 2006 Silver Grey Facelift 2.0i Sport (terrific fun). MX5 for many years, TVR Chimaera and many motorbikes.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:04 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:Great work Spokey :thumbsup:

A few points from the experience we've had on our organised forum runs based in Newcastle:

I'm surprised that you've stated that hand-outs are unlikely to be provided on a day run? Every Forum run I've attended have had some and as a result Steph and I provide handouts with basic important information e.g. our mobile number in large script, and an outline of the route with major turns and junctions indicated including where the major stopping points are for coffee and lunch. Our recce of routes provides a chance to see where problems might occur and this helps in putting these documents together. I guess it's best if they are not needed but where groups do get separated they can make a big difference.

We also give a briefing at the start of our runs - highlighting arrangements and particular issues to watch for on the run (all get to ask questions as well as contribute to this). All drivers are expected at the briefing before the run starts - Even though it might be repetitive for some of our regular attenders I feel it's vital for all, especially newbies.

It's worth including a request that those who can't make the run or are likely to be late, contact the run organiser so as to save them waiting at the start. (A text will do). Similarly it's important they let the organiser know if they are leaving early.

A road map (regularly discounted at Supermarkets) is useful to have on a run - satnavs sometimes let you down

:driving: :thumbsup:
I completely agree,we always give out info sheets on our runs.......
And ditto re the people not turning up....all it takes is a pm or text to the Organisers :thumbsup:

Let's hope we get some runs soon,this weather is awful typical holiday weekend,haha :(
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi all. I have done a few smaller runs and in the absence of radios etc everyone has taken the responsibility to ensure they can always see the car behind them... Helps avoid junction losses and also means you don't leave a fallen man or woman behind...

Might not suit all if there is a Miss (or Mr) Daisy out there... :D
I ain't fallin for no banana in my tail-pipe!
Jester's dead!