Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DFW: Clear Blue Sky road rally

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
sccarally

Post by sccarally » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:37 am

The next Texas Region SCCA road rally, Clear Blue Sky, will be presented on Saturday, August 20. It will start at Dodge City of McKinney, 700 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070, and end at Rockfish Seafood Grill, also in McKinney, after a 125-mile drive in the country. This is a National level event, a little longer and a little harder than usual. It is what SCCA calls a "Course Rally," meaning that following the correct course is hard, but it is looped so you don't get lost. The gimmick harks back the the famous "Heart of Dixie" rally series in the 1970's, well known for course traps.

Go to msreg.com/CBS16msr for more information, and to preregister.

Join us!

Driver: What are we looking for now?
Navigator: A sign on the right that says BLANK ENTRANCE.
Driver: I see it! Kinda' hard to see. Says "Hidden Entrance"
Navigator: OK, glad you saw that. I'll record it.
Driver: What's next?
Navigator: WHOA, STOP, BACKUP! Read that sign more carefully!
Driver: Oh, shoot, it says "Hidden Entrace". An official sign, and it's misspelled!
Navigator: I wonder how many people will fall for that?!
(A real Collin County sign!)

sccarally

Post by sccarally » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 am

Entries are coming in for the Clear Blue Sky rally, 20 cars so far. We will probably have about 30 by rally day. S2000, TDi, 3S GT, C63, 550i, Vette, Mini, and others. Register now at http://msreg.com/CBS16msr . When was the last time you visited Leonard, Texas? Well, that's too long!