Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Surrey/Berks/Hants Driving Club

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
kristian663

Post by kristian663 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:30 pm

stumbled on this topic.. turns out i too have a z4 and live in reading!

i work days and nights so notice helps me out with being available. probably wouldnt attent full wet meets however as i run the car on nankang NS-2R tyres which i might add... are hopless in any sort of wet.

would be good to meet up with other bmw owners and compare notes.

Kris.

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 pm

I can't remember who the ringleader of the WhatsApp group is but I'm sure they'll add you to the list so you'll have a heads up on future hoons :)

Ns2-Rs you say..... What's the rest of the spec on your car? Sounds fruity!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 am

Ed Doe wrote:I can't remember who the ringleader of the WhatsApp group is but I'm sure they'll add you to the list so you'll have a heads up on future hoons :)

No pressure Ed - but we would have made double-digit numbers last month at Newlands Corner if you had been there!

And another local forum member has had a Quaife LSD fitted to his E86 by Birds as he does track days too - but you weren't there to find out who!

I've been to see Will at TWG three times lately (ouch) and he suggested I needed to point this out! :lol:

Hope you can make it in January (3rd Sunday, so the 15th) for the next Newlands Corner meet!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:13 am

Just saw this thread!
I've got a 3.0i roadster, based in Guildford, but am swapping to a coupe when I get back from Australia in March
Am away until then. Miss the amazing english winter weather ;)
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 am

Mr Tidy wrote:
Ed Doe wrote:I can't remember who the ringleader of the WhatsApp group is but I'm sure they'll add you to the list so you'll have a heads up on future hoons :)

No pressure Ed - but we would have made double-digit numbers last month at Newlands Corner if you had been there!

And another local forum member has had a Quaife LSD fitted to his E86 by Birds as he does track days too - but you weren't there to find out who!

I've been to see Will at TWG three times lately (ouch) and he suggested I needed to point this out! :lol:

Hope you can make it in January (3rd Sunday, so the 15th) for the next Newlands Corner meet!
If the whatsapp group is still running that would be handy. I missed the last newlands meet, found the chat confusing the night before weather it was a go or not.

kristian663

Post by kristian663 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Scratch that... car is broken for winter... oil pump failed.

Lucky i have plenty of time to repair it over the next few weeks.

Still, if there is a whatsapp group going... would be good to join.

kristian663

Post by kristian663 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:29 pm

As for the spec of the car....

Standard 3.0i se chassis from 2003, forged internals with low compression pistons, ess ts2+ supercharged, uuc stage 2 lightweight flywheel and paddle race clutch, quaife lsd, bilstein shocks with high rate springs, 6 pot front brakes with 356mm floating disk rotors... and loads of small mods that i cant remember. Dyno's at 350hp 330ft lb torque.

6 year project turning into triggers broom.

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: No pressure Ed - but we would have made double-digit numbers last month at Newlands Corner if you had been there!
:lol: dammit! I do need to get to the next one - I wish I had been able to make the previous one, but having just come back from hols it wasn't the easiest thing to manage!

:rofl: Will is a legend - I've been spending more and more time over there over the last year or so, getting various bits done. It was a shame his racecar engine blew - I was all ready to go see him race in the season finale at Brands. I've also been on at him about getting a diff in my car for ages - he's probably bored of me mincing about it :lol:

SO come on then - who's the new guy with the diff?!?! :roll:

kristian663 wrote:As for the spec of the car....

Standard 3.0i se chassis from 2003, forged internals with low compression pistons, ess ts2+ supercharged, uuc stage 2 lightweight flywheel and paddle race clutch, quaife lsd, bilstein shocks with high rate springs, 6 pot front brakes with 356mm floating disk rotors... and loads of small mods that i cant remember. Dyno's at 350hp 330ft lb torque.

6 year project turning into triggers broom.

Any plans for trackdays next year? I'll be booking another Goodwood day in April if you're game. your car sounds like a complete beast - I'd love a passenger ride!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 am

Ed Doe wrote: SO come on then - who's the new guy with the diff?!?!
Well here is a clue - he organised the November meet at Newlands corner (and he is very local to me)!

Hope you can make the January one. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

kristian663

Post by kristian663 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am

The car is pretty much just for trackdays.. will see how much its costing me to repair the engine before commiting to track days as early as january. Car failed at brands hatch, javelin trackday. Will be adding videos today, ill post links for anyone who likes watching a z4 out dragging 10 year newer m3's :).

Im just hoping that there is no other engine damage... once i get the sump off ill be wear checking the bottom end.. thats when ill know if future trackdays will be happening soon or not. Pretty confident it will be fine, new gaskets, recon the pump and reinforce the nut onto the pump shaft, oil flush (check for debris), dry crank to prime the lines then see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdazPf5_Sg

Wrs

Post by Wrs » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

kristian663
Joycey
PM me your mobile numbers and Ill add you to the WhatsApp group :thumbsup:
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:37 am

Anybody want to go for a drive on Friday morning? For anyone not in the what's app group...
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:41 pm

flimper wrote:Anybody want to go for a drive on Friday morning? For anyone not in the what's app group...
Would love to, but working right to the end this year. :(

Hope you have a great run.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Good drive out the other morning, some lovely local roads left the car a little mucky :driving:

Great brekkie to finish as well :)

A couple of Pics https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiSaTnmNX8NWgcsiu2vFROOK_qDPlw

Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Was nice to meet you yesterday, and a quality blast courtesy of Joycey's local knowledge... :thumbsup:
3-dirty-bums.jpg
3-dirty-bums.jpg (33 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.