Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

5 x Zs roadtrip Normandy

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

5 x Zs roadtrip Normandy

Post by mr wilks » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:15 pm

ibroker wrote:Is this an annual event...Would quite like to tag along if another one occurs??
It is mate but unfortunately its not feasible to offer it up as a group trip due to limited numbers on accommodation & the reality of any more than 7/8 cars on a roadtrip can makes things difficult when cracking on at 85ish :oops:
Can certainly help with suggested routes / stopovers & places to visit in the area though if that helped others wanting to arrange their own jaunt to what can only described as motoring nirvana if you enjoy open roads & great scenery :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

pvr
Legend
Legend

5 x Zs roadtrip Normandy

Post by pvr » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:26 pm

mr wilks wrote:can makes things difficult when cracking on at 85ish :oops:
Have we found the real reason for the frequent car changes as you can not be seen over there with the same car twice in a row? :lol:

I must say I am a little hesitant in taking the X5 through France at the moment on the current plate - not sure how long their memory is :oops:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ibroker

5 x Zs roadtrip Normandy

Post by ibroker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Yes. 6/8 cars 85mph. You have nailed it. Anymore in numbers and it falls apart.

Have you ever done mainland Spain. The roads are sublime and the stopovers really good value. I have done it several times and was thinking of putting a trip together for 10 days or so, not sure what the demand would be, would not be for profit and limited numbers. New to the board but not the Z4. Will keep reading and may post a new thread just to gauge interest.
Z4 35is Valencia Orange. Custom Quad Exhausts Custom 400hp Remap. :evil:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

5 x Zs roadtrip Normandy

Post by mr wilks » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:53 pm

ibroker wrote:Yes. 6/8 cars 85mph. You have nailed it. Anymore in numbers and it falls apart.

Have you ever done mainland Spain. The roads are sublime and the stopovers really good value. I have done it several times and was thinking of putting a trip together for 10 days or so, not sure what the demand would be, would not be for profit and limited numbers. New to the board but not the Z4. Will keep reading and may post a new thread just to gauge interest.
That i know of there is a weeks jolly via the Alps / South of France / Millau Viaduct / Normandy trip planned for next year & there could well be others as some guys who meet locally often arrange their own outings
Spain sounds good but adds big miles / time / costs to a trip away
The Normandy jaunt can be done with minimal days off & on a fairly tight budget by comparison
Always worth offering up though
Why not throw a post up in the Newbies section with some pics :) always well received :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo