Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Le Mans 2017

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Kernow-Z4

Le Mans 2017

Post by Kernow-Z4 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Been to le mans a few times, first time taking my own m coupe this year! Managed to get T21 Tavano grandstand tickets, in my opinion the best grandstand on the Start/Finish Straight.
After a good but rather hectic first stay in one of the trackside campsites we found a beauty just the otherside of Arnage in a little village called Spay.

http://www.campingfrance.com/uk/find-yo ... le-houssay

Bring a bike and its a 15 minute cycle into the main track, ive found bikes make it so much easier to get around the track and see different places. You dont have to contend with the busses and traffic that way.

WHere do others stay?
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe, Interlagos Blue, Black Leather, Eventuri intake and Stromung Exhaust

gavinwtaylor

Le Mans 2017

Post by gavinwtaylor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:29 pm

I have been a few times, twice in the M Coupe. Really is a proper fun lads road trip. Really recommend the Great British welcome and also the drivers parade is good fun if the sun is shining. Usually take b roads on the way down stopping off for a lunch. Lots of nice cars to spot! Always really miserable to get back on British roads on the Monday...... Will be going this year - Thursday to Monday. M2 is arriving late June so will just be to late for Le Mans :x
Z4M Coupe - Interlagos blue, Sepang leather

JPmagic

Le Mans 2017

Post by JPmagic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:48 pm

This will be my first year i will be taking my coupe too.

I always stay at White Rabbit Racing, you may of seen random stickers around the tolls and on roads signs on the way down to le mans with the back and white bunny wearing a racing helmet) its a private site and nothing to do with the ACO. A friend of mine rents a villa near Porsche Curves which has a lot of land (enough for 70 plots) and he opens up part of the villa and has a large projector showing the racing and there is a large BBQ etc. Its a good laugh and its safe which is the main thing.

https://www.whiterabbitracing.co.uk/
Black 3.0si coupe

JPmagic

Le Mans 2017

Post by JPmagic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

and yes a great shout to take a bike with you! always wanted to do that but it can never fit in the motor with all my camping gear lol. oh well maybe one year
Black 3.0si coupe

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by RickRob » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:08 pm

gavinwtaylor wrote:I have been a few times, twice in the M Coupe. Really is a proper fun lads road trip. Really recommend the Great British welcome and also the drivers parade is good fun if the sun is shining. Usually take b roads on the way down stopping off for a lunch. Lots of nice cars to spot! Always really miserable to get back on British roads on the Monday...... Will be going this year - Thursday to Monday. M2 is arriving late June so will just be to late for Le Mans :x
I really want to go down to Le Mans this year on the B roads. Tried to do it last time but my "navigator" was too pi$$ed to read the map even when we got off the ferry! I'd really appreciate it if you could post the route - a list of towns would be great as I could then put them into the sat navy and leave my navigator to his own devices!

Thanks.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Roundozo

Le Mans 2017

Post by Roundozo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

RickRob wrote:
gavinwtaylor wrote:I have been a few times, twice in the M Coupe. Really is a proper fun lads road trip. Really recommend the Great British welcome and also the drivers parade is good fun if the sun is shining. Usually take b roads on the way down stopping off for a lunch. Lots of nice cars to spot! Always really miserable to get back on British roads on the Monday...... Will be going this year - Thursday to Monday. M2 is arriving late June so will just be to late for Le Mans :x
I really want to go down to Le Mans this year on the B roads. Tried to do it last time but my "navigator" was too pi$$ed to read the map even when we got off the ferry! I'd really appreciate it if you could post the route - a list of towns would be great as I could then put them into the sat navy and leave my navigator to his own devices!

Thanks.
What sat nav have you got RickRob? If youre not using the cars and have a Garmin then download Garmin basecamp. You basically plug you sat nav into your computer and you can then plan your own waypoints and routes on the maps. You then upload this back to your sat nav and it'll guide you exactly where you want. Mrs Roundozo and I used it for our European road trip and it was faultless. It's a great way of avoiding tolls, finding some really senic roads but without getting lost.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by RickRob » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Roundozo wrote:
RickRob wrote:

Thanks.
What sat nav have you got RickRob? If youre not using the cars and have a Garmin then download Garmin basecamp. You basically plug you sat nav into your computer and you can then plan your own waypoints and routes on the maps. You then upload this back to your sat nav and it'll guide you exactly where you want. Mrs Roundozo and I used it for our European road trip and it was faultless. It's a great way of avoiding tolls, finding some really senic roads but without getting lost.
Thanks. The car doesn't have a sat nav. I have a fairly new Tomtom but have never fully explored its capabilities. I'll have play because getting the route from computer to sat nav would be ideal!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Roundozo

Le Mans 2017

Post by Roundozo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm sure TomTom will have something similar. Have a Google.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

samZ4M

Le Mans 2017

Post by samZ4M » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Booked tickets on Friday, very last minute! Staying at Premier Vert with 1st Tickets, travelling down from Oxford on Thursday morning.

Anyone staying there?

spokes

Le Mans 2017

Post by spokes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Sam - Also travelling down tomorrow morning from near Bicester. Will look out for you :driving:

I'm easy to spot (wheelchair in passenger seat :D )

Unfortunately couldn't stay in usual hotel as taken over by the Toyota team so now in Vass about 20 minutes south of Le Mans
Black Z4 Coupe auto
VW Golf GTD (diesel daily)
previous Sylva Striker, Westfield
Pedals optional :D

samZ4M

Le Mans 2017

Post by samZ4M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm leaving mine at about 6am (city centre), for a 9:20 train. Should give me time to get a coffee before getting on the train!

Any car remotely looking like it's going to LM is getting a beep!

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by RickRob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 pm

I am on a P &O ferry at 11:10 from Dover. Anyone in a British registered Zed in France will be going to Le Mans!

Look out for me and I'll do likewise! :)

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by MrPT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:30 pm

IMG-20170618-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20170618-WA0001.jpg (67.5 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Another great one. 8)

Well done Aston Martin and commiserations (again) Toyota!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Adam D

Le Mans 2017

Post by Adam D » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm

There was a blue 3.0 coupe on the Thomas cook campsite - anyone here?
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup:

z4pilot

Le Mans 2017

Post by z4pilot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 am

MrPT wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:30 pm IMG-20170618-WA0001.jpg

Another great one. 8)

Well done Aston Martin and commiserations (again) Toyota!
Erm... is that half a baguette I spy? :rofl:
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...