Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Le Mans 2017

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Roundozo

Le Mans 2017

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Did anyone with a silver coupe and roadster from the forum go? Mate of mine has a photo of the ferry queue on the way back and in the queue are these two zeds. GT40 in the queue too, ummmm.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Le Mans 2017

Post by buzyg » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Just watching the highlights on Quest. Utter carnage :thumbsup: , does any on actually finish?

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by MrPT » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 pm

buzyg wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 pm Just watching the highlights on Quest. Utter carnage :thumbsup: , does any on actually finish?
LMP1 was a disaster zone but overall it was one of the most successful races ever in terms of % finished. :?
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Le Mans 2017

Post by RickRob » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 pm

I just wanted to write about camping at Beausejour as I think that things have changed since 2008 when others' experiences come from. We camped there this year.

Pluses:
The toilets and showers were clean
Both had very hot water
We were next to a great bunch of chaps
Generally it was quiet with no really mad behaviour - we were at almost the furthest point from the campsite entrance

Minuses:
It is a long walk to the grandstands, but there are shuttles if you're prepared to wait
The was some "antisocial" behaviour: a tw@t blowing a bugle at 06:00am on Friday morning; some fireworks each night, but not for long; a couple of idiots trying to be clever in their cars

Overall it was OK. For next time I will explore other options, but only because of the distance to the grandstands.

And for anyone who has not been to Le Mans, make sure that you go next year!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)