Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

More blue skies and brilliant company . . .

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:13 am

A phone message from AlienZed was welcome this week. He was coming up to Northumberland for a short break and wondered if we were free for a run. It's always fun being out on the road with Moz and Andrea so we met up today and had a terrific day. We started well - The run from Hexham to Alston was near traffic free and we had a magic smooth run on the brilliant A686 through to Alston where we met Cherrym. :driving: :thumbsup:

We decided on a quick blast up to Hartside café for a coffee and a chat before returning to Alston to take the road across to Brampton for a change. Been a while since I'd driven this road and it was a pleasant reminder of what's available in Northumberland. Another near clear road which had many twists and turns - particularly entertaining - great stuff and another brilliant part of the day. :driving: :thumbsup:

Moz and Andrea hadn't been to Hadrian's Wall country so we took them on a leisurely run across from Birdoswald to Cawfields, Steel Rigg, and the famous Sycamore Tree. Brilliant blue skies and milder temperatures really helped today. :thumbsup:

A relaxed coffee at the Vallum to discuss how lucky we'd been, yet again, with the weather before saying our farewells and heading home.
I'm sure it won't be long before we're all on the road again soon - another brilliant day :D :thumbsup:

Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am

Three happy Zeds and some classy smoked wheels there. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:44 am

Stunning scenery OP - it sounds like you had a great time! :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:47 am

Another great day out by the looks of things :)
Don't think ive seen red interior on Imola car before :? Must be pretty unique :thumbsup:

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:21 am

Great to meet up again and so lucky with the weather .Big thanks from me and Andrea for another great day out, and brilliant company , coffee n cakes are on us next time :thumbsup:
Was nice to see Mike ( Cherrym ), we ended up calling at his home on the way back for a brew before our journey back down here.
Many thanks for the hospitality Mike :thumbsup:
Following him back to his place soon realised he's a bit of a demon too when leading, great fun :evil: .
Cheers for now M & A

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:18 pm

buzyg wrote:Three happy Zeds and some classy smoked wheels there. :thumbsup:
Happy indeed - was a great day :thumbsup:
Mr Tidy wrote:Stunning scenery OP - it sounds like you had a great time! :driving:
Yep some brilliant scenery up here - and we had the autumn colour of the trees as well - glorious :thumbsup:
mr wilks wrote:Another great day out by the looks of things :)
Don't think ive seen red interior on Imola car before :? Must be pretty unique :thumbsup:
Been told there's only two in the country - red on red sounds odd but it looks very impressive - one of the reasons I fell in love with it :thumbsup:
AlienZed wrote:Great to meet up again and so lucky with the weather .Big thanks from me and Andrea for another great day out, and brilliant company , coffee n cakes are on us next time :thumbsup:
Was nice to see Mike ( Cherrym ), we ended up calling at his home on the way back for a brew before our journey back down here.
Many thanks for the hospitality Mike :thumbsup:
Following him back to his place soon realised he's a bit of a demon too when leading, great fun :evil: .
Cheers for now M & A
Ha that's Mike for you - always happens when he takes the front - doesn't hang about :driving: :thumbsup:
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Ha! We noticed that as well-he doesn't hang about :driving:
We had our other halves in the car which slowed us down enormously :oops:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Ive been very lucky the last 2 weeks with the influx of southerners.They brought great weather and made great driving companions so I hope you can make it next year to the runs Im sure Paul and Steph will organise.
Pauls fancy camera certainly takes the perfect pictures every time.
[*]Sold,Silver grey 2007 2.5si Sport convertible.previous 03 2.7boxter,2.0 MX5,Golf R,2.9Boxster,golf gti,Now Z4 e23i and M135i

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:35 am

mr wilks wrote:Another great day out by the looks of things :)

Yeah,Johns car was a rare combo,red on red,and very nice indeed....no wonder he took many years about toying wether to sell or not.
9 years with a car from as new is a testament to that.

It will be enjoying being driven a little more often now,yet a little less spirited as John could always get the best out of it,and was a hard man to stick with,lol.
Will always have fond memories of this car in sammyz,s hands :driving: :wink:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:48 am

A great write up and photos. The Zeds look superb in that spectacular autumnal landscape. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:23 pm

patriot66 wrote:A great write up and photos. The Zeds look superb in that spectacular autumnal landscape. :thumbsup:
We were very lucky to get such a great day - it even got a little warmer in the afternoon. Some of the tree colours were fantastic. :thumbsup: