Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spanish Road trip. Gaging interest -

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
ibroker

Post by ibroker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi guys new to the board but not the Z4.

I have been on a few road trips organised by myself for just me and a mate around mainland Spain. For those who have not driven in Spain the roads are high quality empty and frankly sublime, the towns are full of history and relatively cheap.

So.....I have though about organising for a while a non profit road trip for 6/8 cars. Portsmouth Santander/Bilbao and return for maybe 10 days. Different destination every night. I am going next year again and for the 10 days is working out at approx 1800/2000 euros for accomadation and ferry.

Question is who would be interested in such a tour. Not looking for huge numbers or commitment just like minded people and an indicationas to whether the idea would be well received.

Andy
Z4 35is Valencia Orange. Custom Quad Exhausts Custom 400hp Remap. :evil:

cerbera

Post by cerbera » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:13 am

I'd be interested in this depending on when of course.

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 am

Tried talking the wife into a road trip like this just me and her, I don't think it's in here genes though., ten days might be a bit long too as we have to abandon 4 kids every time we make time to get away :P

I've also done a few euro trips but not road trips as such and they generally end up costing more than planned, does that cost you mentioned only cover the ferry, accommodation, if so what would be your estimate and breakdown for this type of trip in full start to finish?
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

ibroker

Post by ibroker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Oh yes. They always cost more than you plan but the same could be said for any holiday. Overall your going to cover about 2000 miles in 10ish days so there is fuel to add and then obviously food and beer so in reality your going to add another £1500 to the bill. It can be done a whole lot cheaper than 1800euros for the ferry and accommodation but the hotels I have chosen are nice, plus I always make sure secure parking is available.

Perhaps I should have introduced myself on the newbie board first!!!! I have a Valencia Orange 35is.

No dates set or even in mind. Was just seeing if there was mileage in organising such a trip.

Andy

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:20 pm

ibroker wrote:Oh yes. They always cost more than you plan but the same could be said for any holiday. Overall your going to cover about 2000 miles in 10ish days so there is fuel to add and then obviously food and beer so in reality your going to add another £1500 to the bill. It can be done a whole lot cheaper than 1800euros for the ferry and accommodation but the hotels I have chosen are nice, plus I always make sure secure parking is available.

Perhaps I should have introduced myself on the newbie board first!!!! I have a Valencia Orange 35is.

No dates set or even in mind. Was just seeing if there was mileage in organising such a trip.

Andy
Thanks for the insight... my euro trackday week/end and other similerly themed excursions tend to drift upwards in cost as they pan out... :driving:

Would love to do this one day but alas, my plans are for moto gp trips and more trackday/weeks abroad next year so they will take priority along with the family break.

Be goood to see your trip in a thread/topic with relevant pictures as and when you do it though :thumbsup:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

ibroker

Post by ibroker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Do you offer the events out to the board or go alone.I am up for anything european in my car, I love driving on the continent and have done some great track days there.

Keep me updated if you have any plans.

Andy

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:10 pm

ibroker wrote:Do you offer the events out to the board or go alone.I am up for anything european in my car, I love driving on the continent and have done some great track days there.

Keep me updated if you have any plans.

Andy
My euro excursions involve motorcycle trackday week/end events not cars :thumbsup:

goon

Post by goon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Did a trip like this in June on my bike it was the best one I've done ,relatively cheap hotels and food, good roads, spectacular scenery and very nice people. You will not be disappointed.

_Billy_

Post by _Billy_ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Would be interested :)

Z4MC | Carbon Black
Eventuri intake | Strömung backboxes | Eibachs | 18" APEX ARC-8 wheels

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Would really be interested in this, especially to Spain as being half Latino I speak Spanish :D
Unfortunately have already planned a drive to Majorca in 2017 so won't be able to make it :(
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

alane29

Post by alane29 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:45 pm

I would be interested have wanted to do something like this for a long time :driving:
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE